REI Co-op e1.2 display went berserk. Any ideas? Bafang

seattle_biker

Region
USA
Bought a co-op e1.2 in July 2023. Bike only has about 500 miles and always stored indoors. The other day the display went berserk. I already tried turning on/off and removing and charging battery. Display is still messed up. Any ideas?

Attachments

• 20240313_145543.jpg
    20240313_145543.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20240313_174434.jpg
    20240313_174434.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 28
Not under warranty anymore? It's been less than a year.

Maybe an easier fix - some displays have their own batteries. Maybe this one has a bad battery?

Not under warranty anymore? It's been less than a year.

Maybe an easier fix - some displays have their own batteries. Maybe this one has a bad battery?
Still under warranty so I'll take it in when I get a chance. I was just hoping somebody else might have an idea that I could share with the technician.

Some displays have a ribbon cable from the motherboard to the screen. Maybe it just needs to be cleaned and reseated? The screen would look like this. Did the bike fall?

Since it’s under warranty, may as well use that.

Thanks for the advice all. I took the bicycle to REI. They plugged the display into their computer but were unable to resolve the problem. So REI replaced the display with another display they had in the shop and that fixed the problem. So it was a hardware problem. My odo is reset, but oh well. Bike works fine again and no charge for repair since under warranty.

Back