Sad day... My 2019 Explore E3 wouldn't turn on today...

416dude

This bike has around 8000KM on the motor, it was my first eBike and had a lot of great memories.

On Dec 29 or 30th, it was the last time known to be working. However, I notice something strange that day because when I pressed power, all lights light up and then shut off. Then I held the power button for a few section, and then the bike started normally. The ride was no different, silky smooth, absolutely no strange sound.

Today Jan 3rd. When I pressed the power button, all lights flash then immediately shut off... I tried the same trick of holding the power button for 3 sec (or more), but absolutely does nothing this time... I took the battery out, swap with my backup battery and nothing worked....

I suspect it's the RideControl Ergo that crapped out, and I am debating just to replace it myself. https://www.giant-bicycles.com/ca/ridecontrol-ergo It's $109 CAD, and seems like a simple job according to this video:

The Giant dealer is like 1.5 hrs away from me, and I m not sure how to carry the bike with my car.....

Any one have any suggestion or experienced something similar?

Back