Is this Jumper done? Motor tries.

mamerc

2013 Easy motion Jumper was stored (without batteries) in the garage for 2 years after our move to Las Vegas. The batteries were kept inside and put on the chargers every 3 months. I just brought down both mine and my wifes bike but discovered mine will only run the motor in initial spurt, less that an inch. The display looks great, battery has 5 bars and after trying to throttle up blanks out with a small "Caution" sign. I swapped out our displays, batteries, replugged the motor plug at the rear wheel, unplugged both brakes, nothing works. Could it be the sensor at the rear wheel? How can I check it? Such a nice bike , I rode this everyday before the move. I had the batteries rebuilt about 5 years ago. Thanks for all who can help.

Your wife's bike runs fine with either battery? If so, might be a frayed wire in the battery connector or wires. It would be something that limits the current and drops the voltage to the controller. If you lift the wheel off the ground on your bike, will the motor spin to full speed?

Your wife's bike runs fine with either battery? If so, might be a frayed wire in the battery connector or wires. It would be something that limits the current and drops the voltage to the controller. If you lift the wheel off the ground on your bike, will the motor spin to full speed?
No, motor only spins tire an inch and yes, both batteries work fine on hers. I did find a small crack forming under the control panel under the handle bar. Next week I’m planning on swapping parts from her bike.

What I've done in similar situations with my ebikes in similar situations is to place them close to each other and run the motor cable from one bike to the motor of another. Of course, mine are identical cables but then so are yours.

There's always the risk of a shorted motor blowing the output of the other controller, so don't use full throttle to limit the current.

I've never had a bad motor though, but have identified bad controllers. Usually water got into them.

Back