Anyone actually taken delivery of an Orbea Gain?

GreyBear

Region
USA
After much searching for a road e-bike that is small enough for a 5’3” woman, I ordered an Orbea Gain M20i in XS in September And fully paid mega dollars. Originally the bike was to be sent on Nov. 6. Since then, Orbea has delayed the shipping date several times. My order page now says Jan. 15. But I have no confidence that it will be shipped then. I’ve emailed Orbea twice. They’ve responded, vaguely. They won’t say what the delay is about or when I can actually expect to take delivery.
I‘ve been cycling and purchased many bikes over the last 50 years and have never experienced such poor customer service, and they have thousands of my dollars. I would cancel the order, but it’s the smallest road e-bike with ultegra and a X20 motor or mid-frame motor that I can find.
Anyone else have this issue with Orbea? Did you ever receive the bike?

I took delivery of my M20i in December 23, having ordered it in September with a November delivery date so not too bad for me. What I can tell you is it will be worth the wait! This is my first carbon bike, I have the Mahle x30 system in a Ribble gravel bike which has been fine but the X20 is different again, very smooth transitions, button controls on the bars and no drag from the motor, add the Di2 system and it all works perfectly for me. I have 1000ft of climb to get out of the valley, and only use the motor when needed. I expect to use the assist more as I age but till then loving riding my Orbea. Good luck with yours, hopefully you will get it soon🤞

I took delivery of my M20i in December 23, having ordered it in September with a November delivery date so not too bad for me. What I can tell you is it will be worth the wait! This is my first carbon bike, I have the Mahle x30 system in a Ribble gravel bike which has been fine but the X20 is different again, very smooth transitions, button controls on the bars and no drag from the motor, add the Di2 system and it all works perfectly for me. I have 1000ft of climb to get out of the valley, and only use the motor when needed. I expect to use the assist more as I age but till then loving riding my Orbea. Good luck with yours, hopefully you will get it soon🤞
Thanks for your response. I ended up canceling the Orbea order. I purchased a 2022 Scott addict eRide ultimate in an xs. Scott managed to deliver the bike to me in about 10 days and with a $3700 discount since it’s a 2022 model. I haven’t been able to ride it yet as I’m in Colorado, USA, and we’re stuck in an arctic freeze right now. Such is life!

Back