New Lectric Trike

Dry Fork

Just received a new trike. I bought it for my wife. Unboxing and start up uneventful.
Bike looks good. Fenders tweaked somewhat from shipping. But not a big deal.
My wife recently had spine surgery. The surgery allowed her to end a decades long dependency on opioids. Her life has completely turned around. She rode the bike alittle bit yesterday. She looked and acted 10 years younger.
The bike is good, her youthful enthusiasm is better.
Today or tomorrow we will put it through its paces.
I will let everyone know about her outing.

My wife put four miles on her trike. She enjoyed every moment. Her rat terrier rode in the rear basket. The dog was not as enamored as her human.
If she starts in PAS 1 and treats that as gearing she does well. In PAS 3 she got to 11 mph. She pedaled and used throttle.
Now I need to figure how to carry it with our 5th wheel.
I am not sure the headlight is as good as others bikes I have. I will check it out again.
And the light has a single mounting point. It rotates pretty easily. I have it torqued down tight. Might need to drill another hole and add a second bolt.
Fit and finish is good. An nice trike.

How is the size of the trike? The video reviewers look hunched like it is too small.
What diameter is the handlebar clamp and crossbar? Would a taller handlebar be possible?
Do the cables have enough slack to raise the handlebars a few inches beyond the current maximum height?
Lectric's website says the handlebars are 44.75" maximum height. Is that correct?
Can the stem be angled forward?
Thanks

It appears the handle bar is 31.8mm.
Also the handle bar stem is an up/down post somewhat like the seat post. You are unable to change angle. You might get 3 or 4 inches height increase w/o cable extensions with taller handlebars.
I measured 42 inches at the grip. Maybe more available.
It does not seem cramped nor do I feel bent over to ride. I am 5 10 and it is fun to ride. My wife is 5 2 and she is very satisfied. I hope this helps. 20231208_125041.jpg

I bought one! Fast shipping, no damage.
I'm 5' 9" and it is a little bit small for me. My knees nearly hit the stem when getting off the bike. I can almost put my feet flat on the ground while sitting on the seat, but get ok leg extension.
I measure 43" handlebar height at it's maximum. A taller handlebar looks possible. There is maybe 4" of slack in the cables with the handlebar all the way up.
The front light has a lens the makes a keystone shaped beam with a sharp cutoff. The lit area is bright enough, but there is no light beyond the beam. A helmet light helps light the periphery. I put another light on the handlebar crossbar that is so bright the bikes built in light isn't really needed.
The rear lights are awesome.
The tires only go to 36psi so they feel squishy to me. They are knobbies which is just wrong. This is a street bike.
I rode Worksman trikes at work for many years, they are very heavy duty.
The Lectric trike feels much more flexy. Part of that is the tires, part of it is the rest of the bike. I can see it flex when I lean to the side and I'm 100 lbs under the maximum rating.
The maximum speed is 11mph by default. The turbo setting is 13mph which is about right for this trike.
The gearing gives about 9mph at a comfortable cadence, but the bike goes 11 (or 13), so not a good match.
Mine came with the baskets. The 'large' rear basket could have been much larger. I will move it to the front and get a larger basket for the rear.
No password or keys needed to steal this trike. The keys are only for removing the battery. How much would a password function have cost?
Overall its an excellent value.

Back