2019 RCS motor failure

Dry Fork

Zero help from Juiced to find replacement.
Any help appreciated.

20231107_085405.jpg
20231022_093434.jpg

I own the same Yr & Model that I purchased on a Black Friday sale in 2019. My riding Apps show a Tracking total of over 16K miles since I first started tracking mid-Summer in 2020. That said, that IS in fact the letter "G" w/ the center marking worn away, and NOT the letter C. It should read, BF RMG06 (7).
So, when you do an Interweb search w/ the proper Model number, BF RMG06 (7), they can be found at a Number of vendors. I Don't know what the "7", at the end, in brackets means, but I do know who to ask. You Will find vendors for this Motor and you can even find YouTube vids on how to replace the Planetary Gearset. I'd recommend ebikes.ca, aka GRIN Technologies out of British Columbia, Canada. They manufacture the Grin Satiator Charger that Juiced sells as an upgrade Charger for the RCS. I own one and Really like the programable features it offers.
I'm going to attach a photo of my Bafang 750W Motor, hope it goes well. Good Luck !

Attachments

• Bafang 2019 Juiced RipCurrent S 750w motor.jpg
    Bafang 2019 Juiced RipCurrent S 750w motor.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 57
Yes it is RMG06. I have searched many vendors but it seems there is always an issue with something.
I was hoping to R&R, without new spokes, new wiring, programming, and stuff like that.
But I will dive back into it, with my first call to GRIN.
Thanks for your input!

Yes it is RMG06. I have searched many vendors but it seems there is always an issue with something.
I was hoping to R&R, without new spokes, new wiring, programming, and stuff like that.
But I will dive back into it, with my first call to GRIN.
Thanks for your input!
No Problemo ! Grin Tech gets into the weeds pretty thoroughly w/ e-bike tech. One thing they'll be helpful w/ is figuring out the Connector used by Juiced, they know connectors and can adapt the Harness you own to any motor. I did find other Interweb outfits that carry similar Motors but you're looking at matching Spoke count, connector type, wattage & voltage.
I've gone round and round w/ Juiced on parts issues and finally got some help from their Cust Svc Manager. My discussions w/ her only confirmed what most who've searched for aftermarket parts have found out already. Juiced uses as many Proprietary parts as possible, has parts made for them Exclusively from China and owns distribution rights in the U.S. for some parts.
There's a fellow in here who went through great lengths to find out the exact Type and Torque for the Rear Wheel spokes. I'll see if I can find that for ya.
Happy Trails !

Last edited:
Juiced really irritated me when they offered zero help to find a replacement. They would offer no spec sheet, part numbers, nothing.
I have looked at GRIN website and found one that may work. A RMG602, I think.
I have an email in their in box and hope to get an answer this next week.
It's a good bike. I have worked in service my whole life. I know things and I fix stuff. I don't want this to be cast aside.
Thanks again.

Juiced really irritated me when they offered zero help to find a replacement. They would offer no spec sheet, part numbers, nothing.
I have looked at GRIN website and found one that may work. A RMG602, I think.
I have an email in their in box and hope to get an answer this next week.
It's a good bike. I have worked in service my whole life. I know things and I fix stuff. I don't want this to be cast aside.
Thanks again.
Yea, very similar story here when it comes to Juiced customer support. I wish I'd have done more research when I'd first decided on Juiced in Fall 2019, but honestly, there wasn't a lot of negative Cust feedback back then. The "Cat's out of the bag" now, and even though Juiced has committed to better Cust support, here within this Forum, it's only gotten slightly better at best. That said, you Know that Tora himself or some employees at Juiced read these Forum's as they're really one of only a few E-Bike Forum's, if not the most read.
So, like I was saying, Juiced put me thru the wringer when it came to Cust service. They complete ignored my multiple Cust Service requests and dropped my calls multiple times after waiting for a Cust Service "agent" to get to my call.
I worked for a U.S. Major Airline for decades as a Mech, Maint QC Inspector and Propulsion Shop mech. The Hanger had a pretty good-sized fleet of beater donated bicycles for anyone to use for travel to the many distant locations around the Ramp & Hanger. WE, the QC Inspection shop, were delegated to maintaining this bunch of morphydite bicycles and the Company would buy the parts because we kept costs down and basically provided a service outside the job description, and it taught me a few things along the way. A Win Win in my world! Point being, I have a Clue when it comes to Bike maintenance.
So, when Juiced didn't want to believe what I was saying to them about a component issue back in 2019, it kind of pissed me off. So, I sent an e-mail claiming to involve all U.S. Business Oversite & Consumer Action groups that I could find, and Report them. That's when I was Totally "Blackballed" by Juiced Cust Support. It didn't matter who I got hold of, there were intentional blockages to access.
In Fairness to Juiced Support, at one point I suggested to their Tech support guys that I return the suspect part to Juiced for their review. Because I'd already been given the "Cold Shoulder", I had very little confidence that their Tech's would support my efforts in the end, and I'd just end up paying for a New Part anyways while the Bike was still well within its Warranty period. So my solution was to NOT return the part and find one built by an aftermarket company, and install it myself. Which I did.
When I finally ended up needing another new component, (about two yrs later), exclusively marketed by Juiced, I was met with Rude Cust svc & responses at best, and when I was just about to go w/ a home brewed, fully customized aftermarket part (about six weeks later), Juiced produced an original part at a reasonable price, so I bought it and Rode On. About a year later, I needed another "Juiced Only" part. This part was manufactured in an Asian Country and when I contacted them, they told me the freight would be $160.00 bucks for a $45 dollar part and that was because Juiced had exclusive U.S. distribution rights and this part could only be shipped from the other side of the planet. True Story.
In all fairness, I probably should have returned the Original part that was under Warranty but even still, people talk, and you can't BUY better advertising than from a Satisfied Customer. That said, the Negative proves the Positive, if rave reviews can do more for a Service group or Durable Goods manufacturer than any form of advertising can buy, then Unhappy Customers will have just as much effect, except in the wrong direction. (I used to work in advertising). It's Tora's show over there at Juiced, he's the sole proprietor and all direction comes from him directly, so any actions he takes towards his customers is going to be read and discovered by others within Forum's like this. It's amazing to me how a Business so dependent on Social Media scrutiny would behave like these guys have. I personally think it shows the difference between Eastern & Western Business cultures.
In the end, I'm like you, I really do like this Fat Tire E-Bike. At the time of purchase, it ticked nearly all the boxes on the wish list for under $2,500. Shimano drive train w/ a 9 Speed when everyone else was 7 Speed, a decent quality Chinese Motor and most importantly for me, Tektro Brakes and a Juiced recommended Grin Tech Charger, meaning they knew how LiPo Batteries like to be treated and therefore had likely used a Quality 18650 Cell to build their Batt's. And it was a 52 volt pack when everyone else was at 36v or 48v.
The "NEW" RCS has a "knock-off" set of Logan Brakes (very likely just a cheaper copy of the Tektro's) and a LTWOO Derailleur over a Shimano Cassette . . . weird. Finding parts for those brands is impossible right now. However they did beef up the Bafang Motor to 1000w w/ a "burst" rating @ 1,300w. And there's an optional beefed-up Controller that makes this Class III E-bike into a Class IIII sleeper.
Hopefully Grin can get you into a "drop in" replacement ! Happy Trails !

Boy Howdy does that mirror my interaction with Juiced.
I am from the south. They say I have a strong southern accent. Maybe it is a culture thing. Good point.
However, I worked most of my adult life for Siemens. I supervised service and did trouble shooting for multi-level interfaced control systems. I handled the most complex hardware and software issues in simple single campus settings to large nation and world wide enterprise operations.
Yet I still could not break through to get good customer treatment let alone support. They way they acted toward me was rude, condescending, arrogant, and uncaring.
Thanks for the vent time.
I feel better to give it another push besides scraping it.

Reading this string with interest, friends, as I've had similar hub issues with my RCB (that's Base, not Sport). Assuming that my friends at Juiced may read this along with everyone else, I'm going to be as fair and balanced as possible - knowing that these situations are always complicated! Over the past 10 months and 1,500mi of using this bike as my daily commuter, I offer the following:
  • When all is working normally (which has been most of the time), this has been a fantastic bike and an amazing value. Fast, comfortable, beefy, good looking.
  • After the first few equipment fails (a couple Stair Union taillights, a couple rear Logan brake calipers), Juiced customer support sent me replacement parts immediately - almost no questions asked. Kudos and thanks for that.
  • More recently, my Bafang 750W rear hub went bust. It took a while to convince Juiced tech support that it was an actual hub issue, but I eventually did. They opened a ticket and asked me to send the rear wheel/hub to them in CA (from VA) for diagnosis/repair, which I did. They shipped me a large box to put it in, provided a shipping label for shipping the wheel back to them, and will presumably be shipping me either my fixed wheel or a replacement, after their tech department works on a fix. So three shipments across the country, plus labor on their end. I'm going to venture a guess that after all of this shipping and labor, they probably won't save themselves much (if any) cost compared with just shipping me a new wheel to begin with. And because I will have been without my daily commuter for 2-3 months by the end of it, they are (most crucially) burning quickly through the goodwill of an existing customer. Having a bike out of service for 3 months out of its 12-month warranty period is...not cool. I realize that a complete rear wheel/hub assembly is an expensive part ($400?), particularly for a smaller company like Juiced to cover (and particularly in a low-margin industry like bikes). But it's hard to put a monetary value on the impact of driving away otherwise loyal customers.
Others here have made the point that you get what you pay for with direct-to-consumer online brands. But the e-bike space is a pretty crowded one these days, and if a brand convinces enough customers that a lack of product support isn't worth the upfront cost savings, that brand may join the Van Moofs and Sondors's of ebike history. I have mostly loved my RipCurrent, but I'm having a harder and harder time recommending Juiced to others, as an alternative to Ariel Rider, Aventon, Biktrix, etc.

I hope my input may be of use to others--

Grin and I are working on a fix for me.
I will update when I can. But GRIN seems to run a company the way I would.

It was out of warranty. They said the wheel may never be available again.
And there was no system to be notified should one be available. They indicated a 4 year old bike was "old". They would not send me a spec sheet. They would not give me a part number. They would not send me to an after market vendor. There was zero help. There were multiple attempts via chat and phone calls.
There was no sympathy. There was only arrogance and a haughty attitude towards me.

Last edited:
It was out of warranty. They said the wheel may never be available again.
And there was no system to be notified should one be available. They indicated a 4 year old bike was "old". They would not send me a spec sheet. They would not give me a part number. They would not send me to an after market vendor. There was zero help. There were multiple attempts via chat and phone calls.
There was no sympathy. There was only arrogance and a haughty attitude towards me.
I know Exactly what you're talking about. Juiced can do better w/ Tech Support. If I were another E-Bike Manufacturer reading these Forums, I'd take advantage.

My bike is working again. GRIN was helpful to me and patient with me.
With help from Uuzd4s and some trial and error the bike is back on the charger with plans to put a few miles on this evening.
My heartburn with Juiced could have been eased if they only said GRIN may be an option.
Thanks to all.......

@Dry Fork , sorry to hear about your heartburn. You can read my thread elsewhere in this forum about my own rear hub failure (which thankfully was under warranty). It’s possible this has been discussed already, but for the sake of others who may run into hub failures: as far as I can tell, Juiced 750w (and other) rear hub motors are simply rebranded Bafang units. These seem to be readily available all over the interwebs. True, respoking your wheel rim around a new hub may be a job best left to the professionals, but any local shop should be able to handle it - since it’s the same process for ebike or acoustic. Obviously in your case, it’s water under the bridge - but just putting that out there.

BRB....Here is where I am now...
I 1st swapped stators. The bike ran and after trial and error got it to function properly.
There was a dimensional difference of sorts. It required brake caliper to be spaced inward.
So I decided to lace in new hub.
When I had both stators side by side I noticed the old stator was nearly one inch wider.
All indications are the Juiced motor had a stator larger than 500w with an electrical connection typically reserved for 500w.
All motors with a 750w moniker carried a heavier connection. With no knowledge of controller capability I decided to replace with what would fit up and get the bike working. I may pull my controller and check if an amp rating is evident and see if a 750w motor with harness adaptors is a possibility. But the new motor was less than $200. An economical repair to get the bike rolling again.

Back