fredward327

Region
USA
Hello everyone I'm Sean! I recently bought a used Sondors MXS, and for a while, it was charging perfectly fine. One day, when I went to plug it in to charge, the battery let out a huge spark, and the chargers indicator light remained green. I immediately unplugged it and waited a few hours before plugging in again. When I plugged it in again, the charging indicator light did not turn to red like it's supposed to. The charger is still working (I checked the voltage), but the battery is not taking a charge. The fuse doesn't look to be blown, as I inspected it, so I'm thinking that there is a short circuit somewhere but I'm not sure. I would more than appreciate any advice that y'all have! Thanks :)

Before doing any tests, get the battery away from any combustibles and out of any occupied buildings. I hope you get it sorted, but I would get that pack out of my house. I personally know of two very serious fires from brand name batteries. I would take that pack to someone that knows what they are doing.

Best of luck!

Hello everyone I'm Sean! I recently bought a used Sondors MXS, and for a while, it was charging perfectly fine. One day, when I went to plug it in to charge, the battery let out a huge spark, and the chargers indicator light remained green. I immediately unplugged it and waited a few hours before plugging in again. When I plugged it in again, the charging indicator light did not turn to red like it's supposed to. The charger is still working (I checked the voltage), but the battery is not taking a charge. The fuse doesn't look to be blown, as I inspected it, so I'm thinking that there is a short circuit somewhere but I'm not sure. I would more than appreciate any advice that y'all have! Thanks :)

Post a photo of the charger plug and battery charging port.
It's possible that either is damaged.
If the battery has a switch, try cycling it off/on again
Are you getting voltage at the battery charging port or it's main output?

Back