Problem with Mahle motor cutting out

Neil in France

Region
Europe
Hi - I bought an Orbea Vibe H10 two months ago and my Mahle X35 motor cuts out intermittently. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Does anyone know what causes it and what to do about it? Thanks

I'm sure your e-bike is on warranty, and it is backed by your local bicycle store?

Take a look at the PAS sensor in the rear right chainstay right up close to the derailleur hanger. The side facing the ring of magnets in the cassette lock nut should be 3mm from those magnets. If it’s not, there is a little grubscrew in the frame/chainstay , hidden underneath (it faces down). Ithink it’s 2mm. Loosen than, push the sensor closer to the magnets, retighten and try that. I had same fault, was told to buy a new sensor for €50, then tried adjusting first. It takes 2 minutes and worked. The sensor was at least 10mm from the magnets. Oh! Try cleaning the sensor and magnets first!

Take a look at the PAS sensor in the rear right chainstay right up close to the derailleur hanger. The side facing the ring of magnets in the cassette lock nut should be 3mm from those magnets. If it’s not, there is a little grubscrew in the frame/chainstay , hidden underneath (it faces down). Ithink it’s 2mm. Loosen than, push the sensor closer to the magnets, retighten and try that. I had same fault, was told to buy a new sensor for €50, then tried adjusting first. It takes 2 minutes and worked. The sensor was at least 10mm from the magnets. Oh! Try cleaning the sensor and magnets first!
If there was enough dirt on the magnets to upset the magnetic field, the motor would never run. I suggest you check every connector. Cutting out can easily be an occasional open circuit.

Thanks! I'll give it a try...
Let us know if it works. We have an Orbea guy in our club who used to teach bike shops maintenance on the Gain when it was introduced (same X35 system). He says almost all motor cut out issues, when there is no error code on the Mahle MySmarBike app, will be PAS sensor related.

I do not know if the issue is already solved. Here I attach some detail of the assembly of the Pass sensor. Check if the #8 screw is not loose.
2023-06-10 13_34_36-Window.png
2023-06-10 13_34_59-Window.png

I'm having this trouble also. Particularly later in a ride, or on a big hill. I've taken it back to the dealer and they replaced the motor but it still has the same problem. Did you find a solution?

Back