53 Days/1046 miles with a new 2022 Vado 5.0 - A perfect dream

GuruUno

Just chiming in....the new Vado 5.0 (non-IGH) has been the most pleasurable bike to date, and I've tried quite a few different models/versions.
Everything about it is just perfect.
I have to say, probably the very best bike I've ever owned.
A pretty good article here (even though it references the IGH), the point is it's the Vado.

As a side note; if you go to the Specialized site to view available inventory, all of the Como's are gone, no longer showing availability/stock.
(they only show older models, none of the "new" Como styles)
Wondering if this is cause for concern or just supply chain issues.

The new Vado's are awesome, I know you didn't like the IGH but my 5.0 IGH is the best ebike for commuting I have owned. I have owned a trek Allant 9.9+, canyon grail on, trek supercommuter, Santa Cruz heckler, levo, and some others I am missing. I commute full time by bike and the belt drive with auto shifting is amazing. I ride 25 miles round trip a day and its a pleasure, between the lights, radar, rack, smooth and quiet drive train I couldn't be happier.

I’ll try to find the post but I documented it in a previous post a few months back.
From memory, motor errors (2), LBS said no fix, just "reboot" (turn off/on the bike) to dismiss the error, no solutions, additionally, "automatic" not a pleasurable experience, seemed to struggle to keep cadence and consistency with multiple button pushes to keep "automatic shifting" so what was the point of 'set it and forget it', I don't know. Bottom line, it was not for me, I went back to a 'normal' chain/derailleur Vado 5.0, and couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
Just chiming in....the new Vado 5.0 (non-IGH) has been the most pleasurable bike to date, and I've tried quite a few different models/versions.
Everything about it is just perfect.
I have to say, probably the very best bike I've ever owned.
A pretty good article here (even though it references the IGH), the point is it's the Vado.

As a side note; if you go to the Specialized site to view available inventory, all of the Como's are gone, no longer showing availability/stock.
(they only show older models, none of the "new" Como styles)
Wondering if this is cause for concern or just supply chain issues.
So does it work good ? How much over all height ? I installed Delta's 4 inch riser . I'd be curious how it works out .

Back