controller suitable

Gergov

Region
USA
Hello, is a 36V 500W 48V controller suitable for my Ancheer 26" E-bike with MXUS Motor 350W 36V 48V

If you buy the controller and display as a matched unit, it should work with any motor as long as you can figure out the 8 or 9 wires that come out of the motor.
If your bike has some kind of display already, take it off and put aside with the old controller. It won;t work with the new one. If it has a push button start, get rid of that too. You will use the on/off function built into the new display, Same if it has a built in throttle, Throttles are cheap, Just buy one that matches the new controller, I would even buy a new pedal sensor. They're like $10 and it saves hours trying to math the old wires,
In short, junk everything and buy the whole combo of display controller, throttle, and pedal sensor. You might even want to buy the brake levers.
Personally I think the Brainpower controllers with their S866 displays are junk, I dislike the controllers that use SW900 displays, I would suggest you buy a 17A-22A KT controller with one of their displays, They're well documented and they have superior pedal assist to what's on an SW900.
What kind of motor connection is there on the motor? Is it a nine pin like this?
P1650893.JPG P1650892.JPG
If it uses this cable, topbikekit sells the whole thing for around $140 shipped. I would ask them about an upograde to a color LCD like the LCD7. Pretty much a plug and play swap unless MXUS didn't have a speed sensor, but it should.

kt_kit.jpg
Sure, you can buy a less expensive controller and then you will be asking questions on how to wire them up.

Last edited:
Back