Making spare keys?

linniej

Recently bought two jetsons and love them! Trying to get spare keys made without luck. Does anyone know the key blank types and where to purchase blanks?

Recently bought two jetsons and love them! Trying to get spare keys made without luck. Does anyone know the key blank types and where to purchase blanks?
Good question... I have no idea! Was wondering the same thing about some of the bikes I've been demoing. Specifically, with the Haibikes the battery keys are those fancy inner-cut types vs. the old fashioned outside cut. Maybe include a picture here and someone will have a tip for where to get it done, here are the keys I'm talking about:

haibike-electric-bike-keys.jpg

You can see the cut is done inside the metal part instead of along the outside like old fashioned keys. I'm used to going to Walmart or other hardware stores to get keys made, do you think that would work for yours or for this?

That looks like a Toyota key! I wonder if you wouldn't have to actually go to a Key-smith for something like that!

I've been to several key-smiths... no luck... tried Lowes, Home Depot, local key shops -- if anyone figures out which blanks to use please post here. Many thanks

I've been to several key-smiths... no luck... tried Lowes, Home Depot, local key shops -- if anyone figures out which blanks to use please post here. Many thanks

Tried to get xtra keys made for my Stromer.. Went to 2 Locksmiths.. They had no clue... Only way I can think of at this point is to write to the American Stromer Distributor in Boston and pay thru the nose!

These are Chinese blanks with no known equivalent that we know of..

Tried to get xtra keys made for my Stromer.. Went to 2 Locksmiths.. They had no clue... Only way I can think of at this point is to write to the American Stromer Distributor in Boston and pay thru the nose!

These are Chinese blanks with no known equivalent that we know of..
Very interesting... How much does Stromer charge for replacements? Thanks for sharing your update on this, makes me wonder if you can get replacements for any of these newer key styles without going through the manufacturer? Maybe in the future it will be more like with cars where they use your serial number or registration to map the key and provide a new spare (so you can get some even if you lose the original). Maybe you could use a rapid prototyper like a MakerBot 3D printer to build your own keys someday?!

Very interesting... How much does Stromer charge for replacements? Thanks for sharing your update on this, makes me wonder if you can get replacements for any of these newer key styles without going through the manufacturer? Maybe in the future it will be more like with cars where they use your serial number or registration to map the key and provide a new spare (so you can get some even if you lose the original). Maybe you could use a rapid prototyper like a MakerBot 3D printer to build your own keys someday?!

Well I took my own advice and called Stromer today, and they actually called me back.. Their offices are now in San Diego...

Guy was very nice, and after I gave him the Key #, he said it was such a small item he would just maile me another key gratis..

Now that's what I call Stromer Service!

Well I took my own advice and called Stromer today, and they actually called me back.. Their offices are now in San Diego...

Guy was very nice, and after I gave him the Key #, he said it was such a small item he would just maile me another key gratis..

Now that's what I call Stromer Service!
That's awesome man! Would you mind creating a short post in the Stromer Forum about how you reached them and what it took to get a spare key? I'm sure others could use this at some point and it's great to hear they are now in SD and easier to reach. Makes me want to go knock on their door and get a test ride of that ST2!

That's awesome man! Would you mind creating a short post in the Stromer Forum about how you reached them and what it took to get a spare key? I'm sure others could use this at some point and it's great to hear they are now in SD and easier to reach. Makes me want to go knock on their door and get a test ride of that ST2!

NP Court... Looking forward to your ST2 bike review.. Should be on our shores within a month?

I have a Gett electric bike and need a key in Lafayette Louisiana. I don't have a clue where to start and can't even find the company's web site. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I recently had a spare key made for the switch in the display/headlight unit of a Senyuan electric assist system. The appropriate blank is an HD75 (aka Ilco X138).

Back