5000 Mile World Record e-Bike Ride

So is the record how far you can ride it in a month? I didn't see details really in the blog.

This is the record we are attempting:

http://www.guinnessworldrecords.com/world-records/longest-journey-on-an-motorized-bicycle

But we are using pedal assist only bicycle. I certainly admire the accomplishment of the current and previous record holders. They used a throttle only E-bike and sort of like a moped. With 2000W motor and 1.5Whr battery. Here, we use a 500W motor and 2Kwhr in spare batteries but you have to pedal the whole way. That's what distinguishes our attempt from the previous ones.

I am on the road and have very limited time but I will update things as we go along.

Thanks for the reply! Good luck with your attempt.

I'm not sure of your background, but having put in some very long consecutive days in the saddle myself I'd recommend a good chamois cream and two pairs of shorts to keep the undercarriage happy.

Anyone that's been cycling for more than a minute knows just how far a thousand miles is and how long it takes for most of us to reach it. I received an update from Ravi in the middle of the night and he has ridden more than 1000 miles!

For more information, see the link in the first post above.

Go Ravi!

Anyone that's been cycling for more than a minute knows just how far a thousand miles is and how long it takes for most of us to reach it. I received an update from Ravi in the middle of the night and he has ridden more than 1000 miles!

For more information, see the link in the first post above.

Go Ravi!

For me about 4-6 months depending on work and weather :) Can't even imagine that in a week! My butt say no way! LOL

Congrats Ravi!

Woo hoo !! Congratulations Ravi !!!
Ravi is breaking the Guinness World Record today !!
His goal is to finish on Saturday,
5000 miles.

Put the search term,
Ravi 5000 e-bike
and you will get a bunch of web sites.

And we knew him when :)

Last edited:
Woo hoo !! Congratulations Ravi !!!
Ravi is breaking the Guinness World Record today exclamation point he will finish on Saturday 5000 miles.

Put the search term,
Ravi 5000 e-bike
and you will get a bunch of web sites.

And we knew him when :)

Awesome! My only question is, I thought it was 30 days or less to break the record. Won't this be 31 days? Just curious. Ether way it an awesome achievement! I couldn't even imagine how sore my butt would be after 200 miles! It's sore after 20 miles LOL

Ooops, Excuse me...
I was using voice to text and it spelled exclamation point instead of using the!

I suppose it depends on whether he actually left on the 18th or was preparing and left on the 19th.
The celebration is Saturday, but maybe he will gets there ahead of time to relax and unwind.
:eek:I would think that should only take a month or 2!

As of this morning, it was around 754 miles remaining to the Stromer headquarters in San Diego on the path he is using (US-101/CA-1, aka. Pacific Coast Hwy). He started at 4383.7 miles this morning, so his ride should finish at around 5138 miles.

A "Well Done" for Ravi and his team. I'I cannot imagine how hard it must ride to the the end of 200 mile quota, day after day for a month. My focus and concentration isn't that long. I would probably fall asleep n my bike.

I'm thinking he gets to Stromer HQ on Saturday PM. If I lived out there, I'd be out there to cheer.

I rode over 100 one day once, I was sick the next day plus the usual pains , he did so much more everyday ! Well done.
I would love to greet him on my Stromer in CA, that would very cool

Just texted with Ravi. He is on Interstate 5 in California right now approaching "the Grapevine" pass, about 285 miles north of the final destination in San Diego. This is the main North/South interstate in California from San Francisco to Los Angeles and San Diego. Way too much traffic, though I suspect he has his support car running interference on the shoulder. It is faster than US 101/CA-1. Also, I think Ravi had to detour the current fires in Big Sur, so he had to leave the coast line and travel the great (boring) Central Valley of California. By my estimation, he should total 5182 miles at the final destination.

Just texted with Ravi. He is on Interstate 5 in California right now approaching "the Grapevine" pass, about 285 miles north of the final destination in San Diego. This is the main North/South interstate in California from San Francisco to Los Angeles and San Diego. Way too much traffic, though I suspect he has his support car running interference on the shoulder. It is faster than US 101/CA-1. Also, I think Ravi had to detour the current fires in Big Sur, so he had to leave the coast line and travel the great (boring) Central Valley of California. By my estimation, he should total 5182 miles at the final destination.

Great to hear some news. In his blog there are only ~ 71 miles for yesterday. Is that correct? Did he have any other problems?

Thankd

Back