eProdigy Banff

Kez

Hi, I'm looking at a lot of bikes a the moment trying to find ones that will fit my size 4'10". Has anyone any experience sizing this bike and letting me know if it would fit me. I know the frame is 15" so it sounds a bit big but if the saddle goes down enough I might be able to get away with it. My other option is the Evo Eco Light but I've heard they are sold out so I'm wanting a couple of options.

I have posted on another subforum so Admins/Moderators please feel free to inform me or rules if I'm over posting. [edit by admin] I've linked some of your other posts back to here and also embedded the video just below for those who might be considering the bike:

Thanks.

Hey Kez,

It all depends on how your going to be using your bike. Do you have lots of hills (are you in Banff?) are you putting lots of km's per week on it? (for commuting only?) There really is no substitute for taking the actual bike out for a ride and deciding for yourself.
I ride a Stromer and I know they have a "step through" model which might be a nice ride for you. They aren't cheap, but that's kind of the point..... they aren't cheap! So if your going to be putting lots of km's on it and don't need to lift them too often (they weigh like 27kg's) then that bike might be an option for you.

Good luck, and welcome to the EBR site!

Thanks James, I am near Banff but not actually in it. I will be mainly riding on bike paths, some hills but not too many right now. It's to be my get back to fitness tool after a long illness so I won't be doing a lot of kms at the start 5-10 then hope to build it up over the summer. My issue is sizing, shopping around for bikes when they don't fit is about as fun as a toothache so I like to line up the ones that are known to fit my size before I actually go out trying them out.

So I just got an email from my LeBS and the company (eProdigy) are completely out of every colour except white!! Am so excited for eProdigy, they are a young company and the fact they are sold out of all other colours means I hope someone will post a flippin' video soon. I think Court was going to see if he could (if that's who I was chatting to on YouTube). I did message the company but they said the quality of the video wasn't good? Can someone send them a GoPro :p

So I just got an email from my LeBS and the company (eProdigy) are completely out of every colour except white!! Am so excited for eProdigy, they are a young company and the fact they are sold out of all other colours means I hope someone will post a flippin' video soon. I think Court was going to see if he could (if that's who I was chatting to on YouTube). I did message the company but they said the quality of the video wasn't good? Can someone send them a GoPro :p

Have you received your bike Kez?

Also, lots of good info regarding your bike here: http://www.electricbike.com/eprodigy-bikes-new-e-bike-from-vancouver-canada/

Reactions: Kez
When I saw the picture of the Banff with that wicker basket on the back, it immediately reminded me of the bicycle in the Wizard of Oz. All you need now is a little dog Toto to put in the back.

eProdigy121.png wizard.jpg

Oh my goodness..does that make me the Wicked Witch of the West? The bike really does look similar..and I have a Toto like dog. I'm thinking I'm going to have to rename this bike now...maybe Ruby, Glinda or Dottie (short for Dorothy). Was going to be Eve but after the above pic it doesn't really fit. Thanks a 'bunch' Charly Banana ;P

Ravi: I haven't received the bike yet, it came with an incorrect part, which at first I was really annoyed about but then I realized mine is the only bike in their range that is different so am sure it was just a error in packing. They are fast shipping it today and my LBS should have it tomorrow so am hoping Wednesday.

Last edited:
They are fast shipping it today and my LBS should have it tomorrow so am hoping Wednesday.
Have you received the bike Kez? I hope the video I shared helped you out and I'm very excited to hear your thoughts here. I edited some of your other posts to point back here so this can be the place where the conversation continues. I think you said something about it feeling heavy? Anyway, hope you're well and I should have my full written review live soon, would love to include your thoughts there since you're a full owner :)

Have you received the bike Kez? I hope the video I shared helped you out and I'm very excited to hear your thoughts here. I edited some of your other posts to point back here so this can be the place where the conversation continues. I think you said something about it feeling heavy? Anyway, hope you're well and I should have my full written review live soon, would love to include your thoughts there since you're a full owner :)

Hi Court,

Have been away for the last 10 days so just back and will get out on my bike in the next couple of days. Footie was on today so couldn't miss that. My initial thoughts apart from the heavy thing is that I wish it had some suspension but that could purely be because I was riding it around my neighbourhood where potholes are the community historical attraction. So probably not the best place to test it. I'll get out on the bike path in the next couple of days and see how it is and will let you know :)

Cool, I hope it works out well for you. It is one of the heavier models but the mid-drive should perform efficiently and hopefully the comfort saddle and swept back bars take the edge off. If you have any questions about eProdigy be sure to ping @BILL on here because I think he is one of the longest-holding owners and has posted about his bike here extensively.

Back