Extreme 3.0 at The Hydrocut

Kingsley

Region
Canada
The Core Extreme 3.0 on The Hydrocut yesterday really struggled on the switchback inclines at lower speeds; to a dead stop at points.
We had a Laurentian as well and although it had struggled as well, managed to provide enough torque to keep rolling uphill.

Just to set a premise before going into this, yes, both motors were operating like new and both batteries fully charged before starting out (both batteries respectively had 80+ % remaining after we were done for the day.

Also, completely understand the parameters of the Laurentian can be altered via the iGO Connect App and what that does to the performance.

The Core Extreme 3.0 has a high-torque 48v 500w 85nm motor.
The Outland Laurentian is a 53nm 48v 500w motor.

I understand the parameters and restrictions of both said bikes but feel like I am truly losing out on the capabilities of the 3.0 motor.

Having the PAS levels set to 9 on the 3.0 was completely inefficient. I hope that is one of the parameters I CAN set on the 3.0, if not, guess I will have to take another bike. I have a 250w motor on my 29er, never had an issue on The Hydrocut, nor stopped on an incline.

Frustration mounts as our friends at iGO continue to withhold the passcode for OUR bikes.

Did you get bent spokes from the ride at the Hydro. Im close to there and plan on taking my new 1000w Juggernaut Ultra FS Pro 2 there for a break in

Did you get bent spokes from the ride at the Hydro. Im close to there and plan on taking my new 1000w Juggernaut Ultra FS Pro 2 there for a break in
Yep.
First ride!
And before ppl jump all over this, yes, I checked the tension of the spokes after finishing the build lol.
We did Not do any difficult trails or the black/double black diamonds, with one exception, we did Kamikaze (that may be rated 'difficult')

•Chain slapped a lot but never dropped!
Brakes were sufficient!

•Torque wasn't nearly enough to keep in rolling up slow switchbacks on an incline and it came to a dead stop mote than once.

•Bent 20% of the front wheel spokes, probably because it was a lot of ruts left after winter but nonetheless, disappointing.

•Front fork spit out a load of oil through the new seals to the point its gonna be another 2-3 rides before having to service it. (I totally get it was being put through its paces but never had a fork do this, especially a new fork)

As another poster said, I should lower my expectations of the build/bike and move on.

Guess I don't have any valid points lol

Yeah go tell them to suck it, always blame the user attitude then hold a company accountable. I would think this bike would have no issue in there. Hell i take my cheap bike through there. I would contact them and ask how this is possible. Like i get its a commuter bike but should still be able to take bumps and crap like that

Yeah go tell them to suck it, always blame the user attitude then hold a company accountable. I would think this bike would have no issue in there. Hell i take my cheap bike through there. I would contact them and ask how this is possible. Like i get its a commuter bike but should still be able to take bumps and crap like that
Wish I had that gumption!
I totally concur.
Yesterday there was a young fella, bigger kid, sporting an old 26" supercycle out with his mates that were both riding 5000 ar fs mtbs and he was having just as much fun.
To your point, and mine as well, no other bike I own has had issues on the Hydrocut.

On another thread some poster had to point out that ebike are actually not permitted on The Hydrocut???

In Ontario all ebikes are allowed anywhere a bike is unless explicitly stated its not allowed giving each city their choice if they want to decide to override that rule. This is cits property so falls under same laws. There is noting explicitly stating a class 1,2, or 3 are not allowed so therefore they are allowed. Next to that the bike snobs will look down their nose at you while on their high horses yet no one can make a good argument why ebikes should be banned. I have heard every argument from were more aggressive coming up on their asses on trails. This happens e bike or not i have people when im on my ebike yelling at me to move. dick people are the issues not the bike.. And another argument is ebikes tear up the trails.. Its lack of education they think ebikes are dirt bikes that just floor it and spit dirt everywhere when actually ebike have a more gradual curve then a person hammering on their peddles to get up and go. Its all BS IMO and would love to hear one good researched argument as to why ebikes should not be allowed anywhere a bike is allowed.

Just my two cents but I just tell people to educate themselves before forming such strong opinions and they are not the owners of the trail and we all get to share it.

Complete oversight on my part while building my iGO Extreme 3.0 while inspecting my bent spokes on the front wheel, that the RST GUIDE for that it came with has a mere 75mm of travel NOT the 100mm as advertised.
Wtf is going on iGO?

A lot of bike sellers are using what ever parts they can get their hands on that they feel are equal to the part they cant get. I know my bike came with CTS tires and I was expecting different ones. CST is a parent company to Maxxis so I dint care much because in my opinion they were equal

Attachments

• PXL_20220423_182621821.jpg
    PXL_20220423_182621821.jpg
    1,012.2 KB · Views: 234
A lot of bike sellers are using what ever parts they can get their hands on that they feel are equal to the part they cant get. I know my bike came with CTS tires and I was expecting different ones. CST is a parent company to Maxxis so I dint care much because in my opinion they were equal
That's a nice build.
What's the drivetrain?
Brakes?
Rear shock looks like it has lockout, does that fork have remote lockout?
And ya another ebike of mine came from Royal Distributing, went there a month ago to get new rubber and they had none!
My contact there gave me a look at their wholesaler availability and there wasn't even a single tire (fat) available
Been building bikes for fun during the pandemic and know well the parts situation, and totally get why they do that.
CST tires were the only fat tire available at Royal and they were for future builds only

The Core Extreme 3.0 on The Hydrocut yesterday really struggled on the switchback inclines at lower speeds; to a dead stop at points.
We had a Laurentian as well and although it had struggled as well, managed to provide enough torque to keep rolling uphill.

Just to set a premise before going into this, yes, both motors were operating like new and both batteries fully charged before starting out (both batteries respectively had 80+ % remaining after we were done for the day.

Also, completely understand the parameters of the Laurentian can be altered via the iGO Connect App and what that does to the performance.

The Core Extreme 3.0 has a high-torque 48v 500w 85nm motor.
The Outland Laurentian is a 53nm 48v 500w motor.

I understand the parameters and restrictions of both said bikes but feel like I am truly losing out on the capabilities of the 3.0 motor.

Having the PAS levels set to 9 on the 3.0 was completely inefficient. I hope that is one of the parameters I CAN set on the 3.0, if not, guess I will have to take another bike. I have a 250w motor on my 29er, never had an issue on The Hydrocut, nor stopped on an incline.

Frustration mounts as our friends at iGO continue to withhold the passcode for OUR bikes.
I have a 3.0 as well. Took it to the Cut twice and decided it didn't like it so much. The bike's a low speed mudbogger not a high-speed big hitter. I bought a 160 mm Enduro E bike for the Hydro it trails. Works a little better. Kamikaze, that will stop a lot of bikes without good timing. How did you get a 74 lb bike into that trail? No way it made the drop in .

Honestly i had no issues at all with that bike in there on either side of the Hydro Cut. My old bike got stolen so i bought a dedicated mountain bike for the Hydro Cut I got a Trek Fuel EX5. And now I replace the old bike with a Volt Enduro 2022 model. just for commuting to work!

Honestly i had no issues at all with that bike in there on either side of the Hydro Cut. My old bike got stolen so i bought a dedicated mountain bike for the Hydro Cut I got a Trek Fuel EX5. And now I replace the old bike with a Volt Enduro 2022 model. just for commuting to work!
They stole your Juggernaut? I spoke to you there. I was either on my Extreme 3.0 or a yellow Monte Capro Ultra. A black guy.

Haha I remember you. I have my bike there and you started in on "You ebike people dont earn your rides..." I was with a friend that was like WTF man!! Then you pull out your Monte Capro form behind the poles and I knew what it was right away but my friend was like "He's coming over here"

awm man, good story! So i WAS going to buy the Monte Capri light but the front of that bike and all the wiring looked so ugly. It was a birds nest of wires that they could not put in the bike because it was carbon and the hole was not large enough to jam them in. It was hard trying to find a bike that I could commute with AND got ridding on. I had to split them. Were actually going ridding tomorrow at Guelph GORBA to get some winter ridding in!

Back