Sondors Rockstar Damaged rear HUB

deletemytrack

Region
USA
I posted earlier today that my Sondors Rockstar arrived with the broken front fork.
And today I decided to replace the tires for some Kenda - Booster Pro TR.

Removing the rear Thru Axle was VERY HARD, for a moment I thought I was doing something wrong but I was not.
I own a Salsa Cutthroat and rear Thru Axle comes out very easy.

After removing the Sondors Rockstar thru axle I notice that the thru axle was forced in during assembly.
You can see the damage in the thru axle was and the rear hub.
What should I do about this? Should I ask Sondors to send a new rear wheel and rear thru axle?
Can the frame get damaged from this?

IMG_8546.jpg

IMG_8545.jpg

IMG_8547.jpg

It may just be an intolerance between the through axle and the hub.

Any chance your Cutthroat's thru axle is the same size as your Sondors'? If so, does it go on and out of the Sondors hub as smoothly as the Salsa's? That might tell you whether the Sondors' axle - or the hub - were poorly machined

Thanks for the reply, I think is they are same, but I don't think I want to try it, the axel and hub are damaged and it could damage my other wheel or the axel. I'm thinking about asking for my money back. It becoming a nightmare.

All the marks are rotary. Unless someone drove it in with an impact driver, something is dragging while you ride. Getting your money back would be an absolute miracle. Take some emery paper and polish the axle, that's not real damage. Basically just the paint is worn off.

All the marks are rotary. Unless someone drove it in with an impact driver, something is dragging while you ride. Getting your money back would be an absolute miracle. Take some emery paper and polish the axle, that's not real damage. Basically just the paint is worn off.
If it was the paint it would be not problem, it is the metal. did you see the pics?

I posted earlier today that my Sondors Rockstar arrived with the broken front fork.
And today I decided to replace the tires for some Kenda - Booster Pro TR.

Removing the rear Thru Axle was VERY HARD, for a moment I thought I was doing something wrong but I was not.
I own a Salsa Cutthroat and rear Thru Axle comes out very easy.

After removing the Sondors Rockstar thru axle I notice that the thru axle was forced in during assembly.
You can see the damage in the thru axle was and the rear hub.
What should I do about this? Should I ask Sondors to send a new rear wheel and rear thru axle?
Can the frame get damaged from this?

View attachment 119476
View attachment 119477
View attachment 119478
Personally, I would never buy anything from Sonders. They overpromise and underdeliver. Now as far as your deal is concerned, I would find your closest bike store and pay them $100 to 150 to send that piece of crap back and get a refund or a new bike. Just my opinion...

Personally, I would never buy anything from Sonders. They overpromise and underdeliver. Now as far as your deal is concerned, I would find your closest bike store and pay them $100 to 150 to send that piece of crap back and get a refund or a new bike. Just my opinion...
I think you're being unfair. Sondors has been great at communication. I had a problem with a clutch in my Rockstar and they immediately sent me a complete new motor. I blow rings around my friends on their $10K bikes and climb hills no one else can make. Great bike.

Back