ESensium owners?

Venster

Region
United Kingdom
Hi. It’s a bit quiet in here but is anyone an owner of eSensium 5.2?

Got mine coming next month 😃

Hi. It’s a bit quiet in here but is anyone an owner of eSensium 5.2?

Got mine coming next month 😃
Hi Venster,
I'm thinking of buying the same bike. Assuming you bought it how do you rate the pros and cons of it?
Kind regards,
DeclanReidy

Hi Declan.

Yes I did get mine. I’m still in 2 minds about it really. It’s great for where I live, as I’m in the Peak District, which is quite lumpy. It does help with the hills obviously, but I took it to the French Alps this summer and it chewed through the batteries really quick. If you were going to have a long day out I’d say you need the extender.

The thing you don’t realise is how heavy it is- it’s a beast, which is ok because it’s got a motor but try lifting it on the roof of an SUV and it’s a struggle tbh. A ‘positive’ side to it is because it cuts out at 15mph you then have to power this heavy bike which is a good for your fitness. I noticed it when I returned to my carbon Cannondale and ‘flew’ along the flats!

It’s got good spec, mines 105 all over and I did upgrade the tyres to tubeless as getting the rear wheel means undoing wires, and if it’s raining, it’s not something I’d want to do.

Would I get another? Probably, but maybe not if I lived somewhere flat.

Thank you very much for your feedback, which is very helpful. Especially your tip to avoid punctures. I'm also considering a Cannondale Topstone Neo Sl 2, a gravel bike but to use it on-road.
Kind regards,
Declan

Back