User thoughts on Eunorau cargo bikes

pmcdonald

Just curious to hear if anyone has any user reviews or thoughts on the Eunorau cargo bikes (hub and mid drive flavours)?

I'm toying with the idea of a cargo bike for child hauling duties, think about ~150kg load plus the bike, depending on how many Weet Bix I smashed for brekkie. I was looking at the usual suspects like the Tern GSD and Yuba Mundo and Spicy Curry but these are pricey models - AU$6k - 9k depending on spec and accessories. I'm not opposed to saving a few grand and the Eunorau bikes are one of the few budget cargo options in our Australian market.

Obviously there are compromises in a model retailing for half the price, which I can live with (mechanical brakes, basic drivetrain, no torque sensor, a smaller accessory ecosystem than the others). I'm on the fence about the motor spec: I prefer the feel of a nice mid-drive, but not sure the Dapu falls into that category. I also loathe changing flats on hub wheels, but there's plenty of options to beef up puncture protection these days.

I'm most interested in hearing about post-sale performance and reliability. Does the bike design and spec deliver? Has it been reliable? If there have been issues how have these been addressed by the manufacturer or dealer?

I’ve helped a few with their nightmares with Eunorau. But so with several other factory direct bikes. They are coming on strong with a USA presence. But in AU? Find some local riders for their view. IMO nothing to exciting in their lineup.

I’ve helped a few with their nightmares with Eunorau. But so with several other factory direct bikes. They are coming on strong with a USA presence. But in AU? Find some local riders for their view. IMO nothing to exciting in their lineup.
Thanks Tom, really appreciate your insights.

They're really just in consideration because of the almost complete lack of other options at that price point down here. Rad Power are yet to shower us with their swimming pool of VC funding.

I wouldn't go direct if I went that path. Sydney Electric Bikes stock them, the largest Ebike chain in the country. Unfortunately that's a half day round trip if anything does go wrong.

This will be an all weather commuter racking up 5-6k a year. Given that reliability is absolutely paramount. I want zero doubt about getting to meetings and school pickups on time. 🤔 Perhaps I should scratch them for a more tried and tested product. Friends with Terns, and Shimano and Bafang equipped Yubas have had zero problems with their bikes.

Back