2022 Momentum Voya E+

Thanks Dewey! Giant had some announcements at E3 and sent the following info and photos:

MOMENTUM INTRODUCES VOYA E+ COMMUTER BIKE SERIES

VoyaE+1_2.jpgVoyaE+1_3.jpgVoyaE+1-_1.jpgVoyaE+3_2.jpgVoyaE+3Top.jpg

Lightest E-bikes in Momentum collection designed with invisible battery and motor, and pedal assistance that adjusts to rider cadence for a powerful, natural ride

NEWBURY PARK, Calif. (Jan. 5, 2022) – Momentum, the lifestyle-inspired bicycle brand focused on urban transportation solutions, today introduced the Voya E+ series, its newest electric commuter bikes that make it fun and easy to ride instead of drive, and a suite of all-weather accessories. Weighing in at 39.7 pounds, the Voya E+ series includes two models–Voya E+ 1 and Voya E+ 3. Designed for the urban commuter, the Voya E+ delivers the effortless speed and agility of a modern city bike with an added boost of pedal assistance up to 20 MPH. Debuting a new EnergyPak Micro integrated battery, smart charger and lightweight motor, the Voya E+ is light enough to ride without assistance and features a clean design with no exposed e-wires.

“Our goal with the Voya E+ series was to create the ultimate lightweight electric commuter bike, so people can make fast work of hills and city riding without breaking a sweat,” said Phoebe Liu, chief branding officer of Giant Group, which includes Giant, Liv, Momentum and CADEX brands. “The slim design, packed with the latest E-bike technology, makes the Voya E+ the perfect bike for people who want a fun, easy way to get around town, whether to work or play.”

Industry-Leading Hybrid Cycling and Battery Technology

The SyncDrive Move rear hub motor with 25 Nm of torque provides natural yet powerful pedal assistance. With the ability to travel at speeds up to 20 MPH (making it a Class 1 category E-bike), the Voya E+ series allows riders to pedal with minimal effort even when accelerating, climbing hills or moving through traffic. The Voya E+ series also features SmartAssist technology that uses four sensors to adjust motor support to deliver seamless power integration. Only found in the SyncDrive series and unmatched by other bike brands, the technology delivers a supportive, capable, customizable motor that allows riders to focus on enjoying the ride without manual adjustments.

The Voya E+ series also launches the new EnergyPak Micro lithium ion battery and 4A smart charger. Manufactured in partnership with Panasonic to be ultra efficient and durable, the EnergyPak Micro is a small diameter battery fully integrated into the frame to offer the sleek look and ride of a traditional city bike. Weighing in at just 8.8 lbs and one of the lightest on the market, the battery can be recharged to 80% in two hours, and fully charged in less than 3.5 hours. The custom bottom bracket opening allows easy removal and insertion for charging, replacing and storing the battery. When fully charged, the battery offers 250 watt-hours and a ride range of 25-45 miles. As with any E-bike, expected range depends on the ride mode, terrain, elevation, acceleration, load weight and other factors.

Sleek Lightweight Design

The Voya E+ series features an aluminum frame that offers a comfortable and responsive ride while the hydraulic disc brakes provide reliable braking power for the urban commuter. The Voya E+ 1 features a drop bar handlebar and an 11-speed cassette, while the Voya E+ 3 has a flat bar handlebar and 9-speed cassette. Both come equipped with a chain drive, hydraulic brakes and the ability to add optional accessories.

Momentum’s RideControl Go intuitive one-button controller is integrated into the Voya E+ top tube for easy mode selection and battery checks. Featuring three manual ride modes plus SmartAssist, riders have a simple and accessible way to choose their level of ride support. The rider can also connect the

RideControl Go to the Ergo 3 handlebar mounted controller as well as the RideControl app on their smartphone, which offers further metrics including elevation, cadence, rider power (watts), and functions including a quick maintenance check, adjustable power support, route planning and navigation. Complete Accessory Solutions

The Voya E+ series’ optional all-weather accessories are also designed with the commuter or city rider in mind including a compact front rack, rear rack and fenders. The Voya E+ will be available at select Momentum retailers in North America in spring 2022. Learn more and find your local retailer at www.momentum-biking.com.

About Momentum

Momentum is the lifestyle-inspired bicycle brand transforming urban journeys all over the world. Designed for consumers’ growing demands for sustainable, healthy ways to get around, Momentum is dedicated to providing a full range of innovative electric, hybrid, cargo and city bikes and complete accessory solutions
to encourage everyone to #GoYourWay. Momentum is part of Giant Group, with more than 45 years of expertise in the cycling industry. Find out more at momentum-biking.com and follow @momentumbiking.

Attachments

• Voya E+ FAQ.pdf
    95.8 KB · Views: 329
Hello all,

I’m looking at a commuter with drop bars and I find the Voya E+ 1 appealing, especially because it’s about the only road framed commuter with drop bars that can accommodate both rear AND front racks!

Question: does anyone own this bike? How easy is it to go past the 20 mph assist limit? My biggest disappointment was that it’s not class 3 and has pretty low torque. I’m not a lightweight dude at about 220 lbs so I think that even with motor assist it would be a struggle for this thing.

Any alternatives that anyone can recommend that is class 3? The closest I’ve found so far is the Diamondback Current or the Yamaha Civante. The Current looks like it has the mount points for racks, but I’m not totally sure if it can have racks and fenders and lights all added. Same with the Civante. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

PS - I’ve also been looking for a used Trek Crossrip+. None in California that I’ve been able to find. I’m kicking myself for not buying it when it was still being sold by Trek.

Back