Raleigh IE Sprite resetting while riding

Princemarkyd

Region
USA
I swapped out the handlebars today for a straight bar. I was careful not to stretch or kink any of the cables. After the swap I took it for a couple mile ride and everything seemed fine. Later I took it out to grab some food and it started resetting on me. I do get the 80% battery bar blinking when it shuts off then it resets and works fine. Seems to be operating normally, shuts on and, and the display seems normal. Checked the cables and no kinks, not stretched, seems normal.

any ideas?

Disconnect the battery and reconnect it. If it is not pushed in tight it will do what you experienced. If that doesn't work there may be a problem in the controller or the display.

I do not think it is a loose battery connection as it happens even when I’m on a flat paved road but I disconnected it anyway and problem is still present. I would think battery if it happened when I hit bumps. I rode a few more miles today and I think it is controller related. It does not happen as frequently in PA 1 as it does in the higher PA levels. I’ve also noticed it also started randomly changing PA levels. Taking it into the shop,I will post the fix action so if anyone else experiences this they will have a reference.

Back