Any ELux Tahoe owners out there?

• I've got a flat black Tahoe. Just got back from another great ride on the Tahoe. I'm weighing in around 300lbs and with a lot of hills and 0 pedal assist I got 23.5 miles! BMS 46.3 and one bar left on the battery indicator. I had the setting at normal. In the eco mode, the bike/I could not go up any steep hills. Also, the throttle is nonexistent in eco on a hill. It just doesn't kick in. I've put a bottle cage on the handlebars, and I like it there because I don't have to bend to get at it. This Tahoe is a 2015 with the 2016 motor as an upgrade. I'm 73 and this is the most fun I've had riding in many, many years. The bike is extremely comfortable and the upright position is perfect for me.

I really love these bikes. My wife has the Newport and I have the Tahoe. Everyone that sees them thinks they are the coolest thing ever. We live in Henderson Nevada and there are a lot of trails around. I see a few Pedigos but never another Elux

Just put a down payment on a white Tahoe Classic for my wife with an upgraded battery and a Gunmetal (maybe Black) Tahoe Sport. Looking forward to picking them up here soon. I have an FJR that I need to sell first. Would like to find out how you like the Tahoe. Was also considering a Juiced Rip Current S. Still somewhat on the fence. I live in the central coast. Santa Maria, Kalifornia.

Just put a down payment on a white Tahoe Classic for my wife with an upgraded battery and a Gunmetal (maybe Black) Tahoe Sport. Looking forward to picking them up here soon. I have an FJR that I need to sell first. Would like to find out how you like the Tahoe. Was also considering a Juiced Rip Current S. Still somewhat on the fence. I live in the central coast. Santa Maria, Kalifornia.

My matte black TS should be here tomorrow.

We were going to order two, but wanted my wife to try the fat tire before ordering.

We were looking at e-bike cruisers, but for me, I wanted a fat tire cruiser with a sh*t ton of range. I think this TS will do the trick. (20 amp)

Considering changing the crank to a 58 tooth, (idea from a Motiv review that Court and Sam did. Will post results when done.)

Nice that you are close to the Elux HQ. I am on the east coast.

Hey Michael. I am somewhat concerned that you only got 23.5 miles on one charge. Is that correct? I was hoping to have maybe 30+ miles with the big battery. I may be somewhat optimistic. Any one else with miles on their Tahoe?

This thing (TS) is a beast. I'm a 6'1 180 rider.

Super comfortable and it laughs at hills. Only put a few miles on it so far but very happy with the puchase.

Only thing I could mention (that may help others) is the height of the seat. With the NCX suspension post and endzone seat, at its lowest position, the height from the ground to the top of the seat is 37.5 inches. At 6'1" I can not flat foot at a stop, my heels are about an inch or two off the ground when sitting. It's not a bad thing, (some would say a good ride height), and easily fixed by removing the seat post suspension, but thought I would mention this for shorter riders that are considering the tahoe with the NCX suspension.

Overall a great bike that I am looking forward to putting many miles on.

Rag

20190327_145633.jpg

Cool bike. I am considering one, even put a down payment on one. I hesitate because I want to be able to transport them (my wife wants one) on a hitch rack. I have a problem with the 77lb weight, and trying to lift it up on to the rack. I am 65 and not getting any younger. Thinking about a Haibike ebike which weighs in under 50lbs. Also wondering about the battery range in real time. I know that ELux gives an estimate, but with that heavy of a bike, what will the actual range be.

I have a Tahoe "clone" from Driven Bikes and the bike fits me very well (6'3", 325 lbs.), but the 13 ah battery gives me some range anxiety. I usually ride on PAS 1 and will bump up for very brief periods to pass others. At about 26 miles, and at my weight (plus the bike's weight), I'm running out of battery. I bit the bullet and bought the Elux Tahoe Classic (glossy gunmetal) with the 20 ah battery. I am hoping the normal and eco modes will help me with battery range as well (my rides are mostly beach rides and are relatively flat). Also, my wife has a Motiv Sleek (36V) and with both of us on PAS 1, my bike goes faster, so it's hard for us to match pace with each other. I am hoping the normal and eco modes will help with that. I will update this post when I have a chance to see how the battery does for me on longer rides.

Cool bike. I am considering one, even put a down payment on one. I hesitate because I want to be able to transport them (my wife wants one) on a hitch rack. I have a problem with the 77lb weight, and trying to lift it up on to the rack. I am 65 and not getting any younger. Thinking about a Haibike ebike which weighs in under 50lbs. Also wondering about the battery range in real time. I know that ELux gives an estimate, but with that heavy of a bike, what will the actual range be.
I

Unfortunately for ELUX. I cancelled my order and went with a Haibike SDURO Trekking. The bike weighs under 50lbs and fits a standard bike rack. As I stated in a prior post, I am 65 and not getting any younger. This bike is easy to manage and get on and off the bike rack. Sorry, ELUX. It is a beautiful bike.

I have a Tahoe "clone" from Driven Bikes and the bike fits me very well (6'3", 325 lbs.), but the 13 ah battery gives me some range anxiety. I usually ride on PAS 1 and will bump up for very brief periods to pass others. At about 26 miles, and at my weight (plus the bike's weight), I'm running out of battery. I bit the bullet and bought the Elux Tahoe Classic (glossy gunmetal) with the 20 ah battery. I am hoping the normal and eco modes will help me with battery range as well (my rides are mostly beach rides and are relatively flat). Also, my wife has a Motiv Sleek (36V) and with both of us on PAS 1, my bike goes faster, so it's hard for us to match pace with each other. I am hoping the normal and eco modes will help with that. I will update this post when I have a chance to see how the battery does for me on longer rides.

Still got your Tahoe?

Any ELux Tahoe oweners?

What color do you think looks the best?
Just picked up the blue E-Lux Tahoe a few weeks ago, after over 100 miles I very happy so far, shipping a breeze (boy the boxes are huge my wife has the Elux malibu step through purchased same time), assembly was easy, everything works, ride is great, power is good, can easily get to 25mph in no time, going up hills no problem, quick response from customer service, and as a bonus they answer the phone when you call! I had looked the HImaway bikes but started reading the horror stories here about the problems and customer service, no thank you. Im 5'7" on a good day, can sit on the seat and touch the ground with my tippy toes, bike is comfortable and have had it on some dirt trails, grass, etc and it moves across with ease. Its an eye catcher and all my neighbors have rode it too. This is my first ebike, so I am no expert, but Im pleased and happy with the purchase.

Back