Expected range on 16a battery on r750 ht

Jbiker1

Region
USA
I'm researching for a ebike. I. Curious what the expected range would be on a r750 ht. With a 250 lb rider on moderately flat ,paved road at a average pace, say 15 to 18 mph.

[Updated on Feb 11,2022]
Hi Jbiker1,
I weigh 205 pounds when walking out the door to go riding (I carry a 20 pound backpack).
My routes are all pretty much the same speed/type terrain as what you mention.
On a fat tire ebike (I own two M2S brand) using the rear hub Bafang 750watt (1,000+w peak power) motor, at 250 pounds, you can expect an initial distance of 50-55 miles per charge IF you use PAS 1 and very little use of the throttle. Over time, and especially after riding in cold weather temperatures, the life will be decreased gradually. You can expect 40 miles per charge after twelve months of use AND riding in the cold.
Unlike most ebikes that attain a 20mph maximum "throttle only" top speed, M2S bikes attain a top "throttle-only" speed of 28 mph-- the main reason I purchased this brand of ebike.
I own two 16ah batteries. The one that is 3 years old (since May 1018), after 5-day a week 50 mile ebike rides AND running the battery down to "flashing" mode (next mode is ebike electricals shut down completely). is now getting only 20 miles per charge, thus I carry a 2nd battery (from my other M2S fat tire ebike-- also a 16ah unit) to complete the 50 milers. I definitely feel like I have gotten my $$$ worth out of the battery.
Remember that a smaller watt motor, say 500w, will have to work harder to move you along. Thus, a 750w motor, with 50% more power (1 hp versus 2/3 hp) is the way to go.
Be wary of ebikes offered as 750w when they are actually only 500w motors with a "peak power" of 750w (I believe that RAD ROVER has been guilty of doing this type of advertising). So, potential buyer beware.
There are many sellers of the Reention Dorado ebike battery. If you ever feel the need/desire to buy a 2nd battery [UpDate on Feb 11,2022] go to this thread of mine and scroll down to the "battery" info; https://electricbikereview.com/forums/threads/5-x52-brakes-shocks-battery-tire-pressure-etc.47064/ .. This thread will lead you to yet another "battery info" thread, containing ALOT of good information. I am currently in contact with this lady (Jenny) in regards to a 52v battery. [end of UpDate]..
For the M2S ebike, you need the "long" battery @458 (or 505)mm.. If you are really feeling the need, go with a 52v unit.. Again, the length of 458mm/460 (or 505)mm is the magic number for a M2S 16ah (or more) 48v/52v battery.
Also, as for the AliBaba group website (AliExpress): you are kind of getting "pot luck" when you buy from it. Of course, after my dealing with "that" 3rd world country located just north of us here in the USA, I am willing to, and do, take the chance on a regular basis.
Hope this babbling helps you.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info. Especially from someone that rides this Ike
Sounds like you have got your moneys worth. How are the bikes holding up?

Thanks for the info. Especially from someone that rides this Ike
Sounds like you have got your moneys worth. How are the bikes holding up?
Hi,
They are both R750 versions: a 2019 HardTail and a 2018 KUSH(now 750FS designation) and both are AWESOME. I will soon be posting a "36 month @17,655 mile update" for the 2018 KUSH. It is very gratifying/satisfying to know that I can just head out the front door on my daily 50+ milers and not having a worry one about my mighty beast letting me down. Also, no flats in more than 2.5 years/15,000 miles (not since mile 2,500) on the KUSH. The proof is in the puddin'..
With M2S now doing an interesting "price point sale" (no battery included), a person can go across the great Pacific for a good price on the battery. Just remember that the battery length of 458mm/460mm (or 505mm) is the magic sizing number. 390mm is the "short battery", as used on the 750w M2S Scout 20" fat tire size ebike. The Reention Dorado brand is the M2S ebike style.

Attachments

• SportR500-020.jpg
    SportR500-020.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 301
  • SportR500-030-1.jpg
    SportR500-030-1.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 292
Back