Magnum Pathfinder code

bill k

Any one know the code for setting the speed . I have the 48 volt Pathfinder. Also my odo. isn't recording my total miles.

I have the code and it also unlocks 3 more levels of assist 4,5 and 6. It turns this bike into a beast.

My odo doesnt record either. Another thing is that if you initiate the walk mode and pedal one revolution. It will act as a cruise control at that assist level as long as you hold the walk mode button.

The code for then 48 volt Magnum Pathfinder is 9723. I also own Magnum peak. Out of the two bikes i much rather ride the peak. Mostly because the peak is much more comfortable. I have it set up with suspension seat and handle bar riser. The pathfinder has good power and range. Pretty much as heavy as the peak. My biggest complaint is the extremely heavy tires. They're like scooter tires each tire just the tire weighs 3 lb. I'm going to try to find a lighter probably 250 size 20-in tire. Also the odometer doesn't work on any of these I guess. After you turn it off it resets to zero.

Thank you Pathfinder owners.
I too am considering this bike but the shop for a test ride is a couple hours away and of course with all the bike shortages they may or may not have one available.
I was a little skeptical of the published weight. Said it was 50 lbs including the battery. That means around 42 lbs without the battery? That's not bad, considering many of the other non-folding 20" tire ebikes can be 55-60 lbs. Any comments on the weight?
Bill K, please post what you find regarding some lighter tires.

Marci Jo - I was able to test ride the Pathfinder 500 and the Premium folder. With their batteries out, I lifted each bike. The Pathfinder is noticeably lighter than the Premium.

Marci Jo - I was able to test ride the Pathfinder 500 and the Premium folder. With their batteries out, I lifted each bike. The Pathfinder is noticeably lighter than the Premium.
Thanks MLWilcox. That’s good news. I might be able to lift the Pathfinder and “squish” it into my compact suv.

Sadly, the Pathfinder 500 has way toooo much front end power. I test drove my second Pathfinder and was in the 7th gear and level 1 the whole time. You really can’t peddle at an even pace. I hope in the future Magnum takes the time to upgrade the controller and display to one like the other Magnums where you can tone down the power but it is there when you need it.

Sadly, the Pathfinder 500 has way toooo much front end power. I test drove my second Pathfinder and was in the 7th gear and level 1 the whole time. You really can’t peddle at an even pace. I hope in the future Magnum takes the time to upgrade the controller and display to one like the other Magnums where you can tone down the power but it is there when you need it.
Interesting...which motor are they using? I assume it's not the DAS-Kit that is used on the other Magnum bikes.

They do not list the motor on their website And it is not the DAS-Kit display. I looked at the motor when I test rode it but no identifier on it. I had my heart set on this bike. The Magnum Premium did not fit as well for me.

They do not list the motor on their website And it is not the DAS-Kit display. I looked at the motor when I test rode it but no identifier on it. I had my heart set on this bike. The Magnum Premium did not fit as well for me.
Yea..a lot of people complain that their bike is not fast enough, but I'm with you -- I like to do some of the work myself.

I suspect there may be a way to tone it down, by using some kind of external device, but I don't know enough to advise on that. If you're able to find out what motor/controller they use, you might be able to search this or other forums to see if anyone can help.

The code for then 48 volt Magnum Pathfinder is 9723. I also own Magnum peak. Out of the two bikes i much rather ride the peak. Mostly because the peak is much more comfortable. I have it set up with suspension seat and handle bar riser. The pathfinder has good power and range. Pretty much as heavy as the peak. My biggest complaint is the extremely heavy tires. They're like scooter tires each tire just the tire weighs 3 lb. I'm going to try to find a lighter probably 250 size 20-in tire. Also the odometer doesn't work on any of these I guess. After you turn it off it resets to zero.
You definitely run out of pedal with the Pathfinder. My Ranger and Bh bikes are more comfortable. But I found the Pathfinder comfortable enough.

Hey all. I just got a Pathfinder T (500W/17.5Ah). The code mentioned here didn't work for me, but I emailed Magnum and they sent me one that works. However, it didn't unlock the 6 levels of PAS, so still stuck on 3, which really hinders the bike. The "software" version on the display says 1.0.8 and the dealership didn't have a newer version, so I'm currently waiting on Magnum to address this, but mind you, your bike might be hindered until they do.

Last edited:
Back