Known Issues & Problems with Delfast Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

No Ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Delfast as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update, or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

So I received my top 3.0 and the seat frame was manufactured too big and no seatpost would ever fit or clamp... it was A very easy fix to screw a hole thru frame and seat and create a permanent seat stance.. 2ndly my didn't come with front dual disc brakes LOL(only 1 and there team said nothing they could do about it.. it would require rewiring or thr while system lmao..... all for THEIR simple simple simple mistake, they would not even own up to after multiple emails. Finally I just gave up and let them have there measly screw up back) and 3rdly the back mudflap is a major major flaw that comes loose and interferrs with there carbon Gates drive.... I had to get mine permanently welded in a sweet spot on a steel spacer they use on each side to keep the with correct width and mudflap in place. ... all my issues are fixed and the ebike is excellent but yeah.. thats just my personal experience with the issues as of 2/20/2021.

No Ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from Delfast as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update, or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.
Watch the last video of delfast where a guy in a high vis vest. I believe neon green or yellow takes it for a test ride up a mountain.. pay very close to that position on that mudflap and where its position is at.. a lil somthing they haven't engineered fully apparently and fail to notify they're customers about. Even the inside battery compartment has like 6 or 7, 2x2 lil square foam pads stacked on top each other in 2!! Different spots to keep the battery in a very tight position LMAO... and the wires...are freaking everywhere like WOW haha yeah its an amazing bike tho for 158 lbs. Beast haha very very fun tho. Keeps up to 50mph very easy and battery last a very very long time.

Watch the last video of delfast where a guy in a high vis vest. I believe neon green or yellow takes it for a test ride up a mountain.. pay very close to that position on that mudflap and where its position is at.. a lil somthing they haven't engineered fully apparently and fail to notify they're customers about. Even the inside battery compartment has like 6 or 7, 2x2 lil square foam pads stacked on top each other in 2!! Different spots to keep the battery in a very tight position LMAO... and the wires...are freaking everywhere like WOW haha yeah its an amazing bike tho for 158 lbs. Beast haha very very fun tho. Keeps up to 50mph very easy and battery last a very very long time.
Hey there! I appreciate your feedback here and love that you kept it factual. With criticisms that can be hard for some people to do :p So, it is much appreciated. I also love how after all of the things you mention here you still think it's a great bike! That says something right there. As you said, it seems like a lot of easy fixes. and I hope they can implement some of those asap to get their product ready to roll right out of the box.

I placed a order for my Delfast 3.0 in January anyway I paid the full amount The company recently reached out to me to tell me that they're having a problem with the controller and motor alignment The batch of controllers that came in i guess was faulty so that being said They tell me it might take another 2 weeks to 2 months for me to get my bike it was supposed to either arrive in July or August.

To start I just want to say I've had a great customer service experience with Delfast so far. They've usually gotten back to me within 24 hours on most things. But much like Blackdog I've had identical issues with delivery.
  1. Ordered Mid March
  2. Assembled Mid April
  3. Cargo container shipped Early May
  4. Cargo container unloaded Early July
  5. Warehouse delivery End of July
  6. Early August notified "The factory found some issues with the controller-motor alignment." 2 week to 2 month delay.
Edit: 191 days from clicking purchase to arriving at my house.

Last edited:
To start I just want to say I've had a great customer service experience with Delfast so far. They've usually gotten back to me within 24 hours on most things. But much like Blackdog I've had identical issues with delivery.
  1. Ordered Mid March
  2. Assembled Mid April
  3. Cargo container shipped Early May
  4. Cargo container unloaded Early July
  5. Warehouse delivery End of July
  6. Early August notified "The factory found some issues with the controller-motor alignment." 2 week to 2 month delay.
Edit: 191 days from clicking purchase to arriving at my house.
I ordered my 3.0 4/30/21,sounds about right. I had got the same e mail stating alignment issue with controller / motor and that it would be the same 2 weeks - 2 months.
1st, the controller don't align with the motor, they need to get this right. I waited over 5 months to get this bike, and still have not received the universal seat post I purchased back in May.
Experienced a clicking noise when peddling for about 2 weeks but that noise went away and have not heard it again. Only 7 days in I noticed the controller propelled the bike by itself while power was on and it fell on its side 5 feet from where it was parked. ?
Today 13th of november the bike let me stranded and had to get it home via pick up truck. Controller protect note on display with an error code of 02H ? I only took possession of this bike on 10/12/21. Trust me Its a nice bike, but if its not reliable thats a lot of money to pay for headaches. Has any one had any 02H codes and am I looking at a new controller ?

Attachments

• 20211113_095646.jpg
    20211113_095646.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 254
Back