400 miles on my RadRover report

Chopperbill

This thing is a blast! I’m in AZ for the winter and got to use it a lot. 400 miles doesn’t seem like much, but with more fake than original joints a being an old bugger I couldn’t ride my Cannondale more then a few miles before being worn out. 20 mile rides and I have plenty of steam left. Rough roads around here and at first I was getting beat up going over them. Finally settled on 10 lbs in the tires and it is smooth sailing! 20 miles and only used about a 1/3 of the battery. Only complaint I have is the difference between PAS 2 & 3. There is about 230 watts difference. Feel like I’m wasting power in 3 but don’t have enough for 2. I can feather the throttle but it’s kind of a pita. Is there a way to adjust this range without spending $200 on a Bolton? Those look pretty good but I’m pretty happy with everything else.

I hit 400 today too! The warmer weather sure is nice.

I keep about 20 lbs in my OEM Kendas, mostly on pavement. I've been down to 8 on soft sand.

On the Natchez Trace Saturday, which around here is pretty rolling, I did 20 miles, mostly on PAS 4, and was touching on one bar when I was done. I enjoy the speed, but I am finding myself also using PAS 2 and 3 a lot more and having a blast. I'm trying to decide whether to get a spare battery, mostly for long rides on the Outer Banks. I figure on the flat and taking it easy I can probably get pretty close to 40 miles but I'm thinking I'll be lucky if that's half way.

I'm also trying to figure out what to do about locking the bike. It's pretty easy to get into 10 to 15 lbs of security stuff. That and a 7 lb spare battery, it's a good thing it's a power bike!

TT

I've noticed there is a lot of drag with the standard Kenda tires. The low PSI can add more drag at PAS 2 at that power level. I've tried 12-22 PSI with the Kenda and they require more power to move compared to my replacement Vee8 120tpi 26X4 for the same PSI range. Switching to an urban tire like Maxxis hookworms or Orgin8 might provide less resistance and a better ride at PAS 2.

Adding a suspension seatpost and increasing the PSI in the 17-22 range might give you the same smooth ride and better PAS 2 power delivery/range?

I have a brand new Radrover setting at home waiting for me to ride. I received it Sat. but old and slow putting it together, then it rained, then was suppose to take off yesterday but couldn't. I am excited about trying it. BTW - my first post on this site.
I am an ex motorcycle rider hoping to catch a'little of the good times again. Got a bunch of questions in the future. Hope you will be patient with me.

Welcome to the family Motomem! I've had my two Radrovers since Sept/16 and have almost 7000 miles between them. I like riding my rover so much and decided to park my car and ebike work commute 3-4 times a week all year.

Thank you for the welcome Mr. Gold. I hope I get the bug for this thing. I had a bad wreck a few years ago and don't need to be on a motorcycle again. Since I find this hobby and that but end up with it put up somewhere waiting for my grandkids to grow up. I have wanted an e-bike for over 3 years and this bike for almost that long. By nature I am an explorer so maybe this bike will grab me.
I generally hang out on one or two threads and what ever forum I am in and this looks like a good one. Again thank you for the welcome.

I am a newby as well, but welcome. MrGold35 has been great to answer my questions. I've commuted to work 7 times (been freaking rained out the other days) but the RadRover is a ton of fun. Best money I have spent in years.

I have a brand new Radrover setting at home waiting for me to ride. I received it Sat. but old and slow putting it together, then it rained, then was suppose to take off yesterday but couldn't. I am excited about trying it. BTW - my first post on this site.
I am an ex motorcycle rider hoping to catch a'little of the good times again. Got a bunch of questions in the future. Hope you will be patient with me.
good to see another motorcycle guy - why an x rider ? - im having fun getting healthier on 2 wheels for a change !

good to see another motorcycle guy - why an x rider ? - im having fun getting healthier on 2 wheels for a change !
In 2012 a lady decided to make a left in front of me. After a life-flight, being zipped up in a bed and months of getting on my feet I am trying to stay away from motorcycles. I think this bike may be a gateway drug if I don't watch it.

Back