eAhora Extra Battery

ccadenhead

So I ordered another battery for my XC100, since I was tried of finding it dead or low on juice and having to charge it before a ride (yes, I could just get into a habit of charging it after each ride and save money). I decided to order the 48v/14AH one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JJ5MJLB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Based on the Amazon listing, and eAhora's website it looked like the 14AH battery would work with the XC100 and I'm hoping the extra amp hours mean I can have a longer ride.

This morning I was contacted by eAhora:
Message from seller eAhora Ebike:

Hi D&C
We found that you bought an XC100 bicycle.
However, the battery you bought is an XC200 battery.
Do you want to buy XC100 batteries or XC200?
Just want to confirm with you.

So now I'm wondering if the 14AH will fit my XC100? I wrote back asking them if it will but haven't heard anything yet, and I'm not really expecting a reply until tomorrow. I'll update once I hear from them. Does anybody here have a 14ah battery for their XC00? Thanks!

I heard from eAhora this morning, they're sending me the xc100 14ah battery. I didn't get much explanation from them but I wonder if the Amazon listing is wrong? I ordered it from Amazon verses directly from them because the shipping date was faster but it sounds like it's coming directly from them. Is suppose to be here in a week. We'll see....

I heard from eAhora this morning, they're sending me the xc100 14ah battery. I didn't get much explanation from them but I wonder if the Amazon listing is wrong? I ordered it from Amazon verses directly from them because the shipping date was faster but it sounds like it's coming directly from them. Is suppose to be here in a week. We'll see....
Thanks for the post...I have an XC100, too, and was thinking of upgrading from the 10.4 to 14ah battery, although my rides are usually under 25 miles and I have plenty of charge left. If the extra amp hours gives more power, I would go for it, but from all I've read on batteries and power it doesn't seem that an increase in ah gives any significant power increase.

As to the Amazon listing, yes, sometimes they are not too reliable as far as item descriptions. But your link indicates the seller is the "eahora store", so I would think it is reputable. Personally, I would order the battery directly from www.eahoraebike.com vs. Amazon--the price is the same, but ordering from their website is free shipping and no taxes (which is significant for a product costing hundreds of dollars).

Thanks for the post...I have an XC100, too, and was thinking of upgrading from the 10.4 to 14ah battery, although my rides are usually under 25 miles and I have plenty of charge left. If the extra amp hours gives more power, I would go for it, but from all I've read on batteries and power it doesn't seem that an increase in ah gives any significant power increase.

As to the Amazon listing, yes, sometimes they are not too reliable as far as item descriptions. But your link indicates the seller is the "eahora store", so I would think it is reputable. Personally, I would order the battery directly from www.eahoraebike.com vs. Amazon--the price is the same, but ordering from their website is free shipping and no taxes (which is significant for a product costing hundreds of dollars).
Yup, eahora store is listed as the seller. I purchased it from Amazon because their shipping dates were faster (sooner?) and I didn't pay taxes on the order (and free shipping) so it's the same as from eAhora. I'm hoping my battery is in an Amazon warehouse closer to me then CA, but we'll see. It could be coming from their Cali office for all I know. If I did it again I would probably order directly, that way I would know I was getting the right battery - no guessing.

Yup, eahora store is listed as the seller. I purchased it from Amazon because their shipping dates were faster (sooner?) and I didn't pay taxes on the order (and free shipping) so it's the same as from eAhora. I'm hoping my battery is in an Amazon warehouse closer to me then CA, but we'll see. It could be coming from their Cali office for all I know. If I did it again I would probably order directly, that way I would know I was getting the right battery - no guessing.
Interesting...I am in Virginia, and Amazon usually applies sales tax to items purchased. Maybe it's state by state?

Interesting...I am in Virginia, and Amazon usually applies sales tax to items purchased. Maybe it's state by state?
VA is not going to miss out on any taxes or surcharges, we have a vast bureaucracy to support. A lot of people work for the state( I could never seem to be able to get on with them when I was willing and able.)

Man alive! I checked the price,I would get a 15-20 Ah battery and either make it main battery or parallel it, good grief.( that was one reason I would have bought a "Prague" if they had been in stock- it came with a nice size battery and I believe I have the parts to upgrade it.

I received the 14AH battery and had a chance to use it. It's nice having a larger battery. I rode 3.3 miles and ended with 53, or about 90% battery left. I used the throttle quite a bit because I was trying to run down the battery. If these numbers hold I should be able to get 25 to 30 miles on a charge (maybe more). Also the battery came in a fabric and foam case, similar to a gaming console case, it has room for the battery and the charger in it. I think it was a nice touch of eAhora.

I received the 14AH battery and had a chance to use it. It's nice having a larger battery. I rode 3.3 miles and ended with 53, or about 90% battery left. I used the throttle quite a bit because I was trying to run down the battery. If these numbers hold I should be able to get 25 to 30 miles on a charge (maybe more). Also the battery came in a fabric and foam case, similar to a gaming console case, it has room for the battery and the charger in it. I think it was a nice touch of eAhora.
Are you riding on throttle only? Which eAhora bike are you riding? I'm on the XC100.

On my typical 25-mile ride, about 70% of the ride, I use e-pas level 2 but peddle continuously. About 25% on level 3, and 5% on level 1 which pushes charge back into the battery. I regularly arrive home with 2 bars left on the battery indicator (the one on the Yolin display).

I was considering the 14ah battery also, but would expect to extend from 40 to 60 miles per charge.

So I ordered another battery for my XC100, since I was tried of finding it dead or low on juice and having to charge it before a ride (yes, I could just get into a habit of charging it after each ride and save money). I decided to order the 48v/14AH one from Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JJ5MJLB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1
Based on the Amazon listing, and eAhora's website it looked like the 14AH battery would work with the XC100 and I'm hoping the extra amp hours mean I can have a longer ride.

This morning I was contacted by eAhora:
Message from seller eAhora Ebike:

Hi D&C
We found that you bought an XC100 bicycle.
However, the battery you bought is an XC200 battery.
Do you want to buy XC100 batteries or XC200?
Just want to confirm with you.

So now I'm wondering if the 14AH will fit my XC100? I wrote back asking them if it will but haven't heard anything yet, and I'm not really expecting a reply until tomorrow. I'll update once I hear from them. Does anybody here have a 14ah battery for their XC00? Thanks!
Hi, the 14Ah battery can work on the XC100. Normally, Eahora website gives a slightly longer estimated delivery time for fear of delays. All bikes and parts will be shipped within 24 hours as long as they are available except weekends.

Back