Vintage Electric Cruz

Marc Fogel

I have a Vintage Electric Cruz Ebike with "Race Mode" How can I adjust the "AUTO" PEDAL feature? The bike requires almost NO effort from the rider. I want to get some exercise. How can I adjust the bike so that I can get more exercise. Also who has the Fat Frank tires in stock?

Attachments

• VE 2.jpg
    VE 2.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 462
  • VE 1.jpg
    VE 1.jpg
    791 KB · Views: 474
Hi Marc - I have the Cafe, and the amount of assist provided in the levels is not directly editable by the rider. However, I was able to work with the service guys at Vintage when I installed a new controller a year into riding; it came with the 5 levels of assist all pre-programmed to give more assist, earlier, than the controller I had before -- Level 1 on the new controller was now like the output of the old Level 2... too much assist for me in Level 1
They were able to "retune" the programming so that the levels of assist reverted to a lower starting point as before, so I too would get in some exercise on rides. I'd give 'em a call and explain you want to explore a retune of the assist output levels.

...and PS -- my Cafe shipped with Fat Franks; I've replaced them as the tread eventually wears down, so far with FF's I've ordered directly from Schwalbe's website.

Hi Marc - I have the Cafe, and the amount of assist provided in the levels is not directly editable by the rider. However, I was able to work with the service guys at Vintage when I installed a new controller a year into riding; it came with the 5 levels of assist all pre-programmed to give more assist, earlier, than the controller I had before -- Level 1 on the new controller was now like the output of the old Level 2... too much assist for me in Level 1
They were able to "retune" the programming so that the levels of assist reverted to a lower starting point as before, so I too would get in some exercise on rides. I'd give 'em a call and explain you want to explore a retune of the assist output levels.
Thank you so much. I will take your advice. I am using a mobile bike repair service that is great & priced fair.

Thank you so much. I will take your advice. I am using a mobile bike repair service that is great & priced fair.
It may be then, depending on the age of your controller, the local shop may be able to connect with Vintage guys and load new firmware to change the assist levels. Their newer controllers have Bluetooth capability for that “initial program load” purpose I believe.

Thank You!!
I am going to inquire about about completely updating my CRUZ. I heard I can get a digital read out with speedometer & then I should be able to adjust the "power" levels. Does anyone know if I can buy the new updated front suspension fork as well. I likje the CRUZ bodystyle so my goal is to upgrade to a 2020 or as close as possible. Does anyone specialize on VE bike in Lois Angeles?

Don't know the west coast shops -- sounds like the perfect excuse to plan an overnight visit to San Fran / Santa Clara, and take the bike to VEB's HQ! Keep hoping I'll get out there ones of these days (east coast here) to meet the guys who made my bike and then got me through a few unexpected problems in my first year!

Back