How do I disassemble my Prodeco hub motor?

Amber777H

Help me take my motor apart......

My 24V 200W hub motor is jammed. It's getting power but only turns slightly before stopping. Does anyone know how to get it apart? Does the cap screw off, or just pop off. I've tried to take it apart without success. I even took it to a bike repair shop...no luck there either.

I've already ordered a replacement motor but would like to take this one apart to see why it jammed up.

Attachments

• IMG-0976.jpg
    IMG-0976.jpg
    347.5 KB · Views: 533
  • IMG-0979.jpg
    IMG-0979.jpg
    296.5 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG-0977.jpg
    IMG-0977.jpg
    314.5 KB · Views: 446
Help me take my motor apart......

My 24V 200W hub motor is jammed. It's getting power but only turns slightly before stopping. Does anyone know how to get it apart? Does the cap screw off, or just pop off. I've tried to take it apart without success. I even took it to a bike repair shop...no luck there either.

I've already ordered a replacement motor but would like to take this one apart to see why it jammed up.
I think, if memory serves, those old Prodeco motors were Crystalyte brand motors. Those were always difficult to disassemble. Here's a thread on Endless Sphere that discusses a Crystalyte.

Either way you might have better luck posting your question on Endless Sphere.

Thank you JR. I think you may have put me one step closer to getting this apart. I’ll keep you posted.
I had the same issue on my Phantom X3...yesterday. It turned out to be a plug that had disconnected. It was a large black 9 connector wire that ran along the frame. DON'T discount a detailed wire/contact search! Good luck

I had the same issue on my Phantom X3...yesterday. It turned out to be a plug that had disconnected. It was a large black 9 connector wire that ran along the frame. DON'T discount a detailed wire/contact search! Good luck
Thanks I’ve had that happen in the past but that’s not my problem now. I’ve got power. The motor makes a hum and the wheel turns slightly but then stops. I believe the gears inside are jammed. I really need to get inside of it and look at those gears.

Back