Haibike ALLMTN 2.0 chainring tool

motocross56

Hi folks,

I have a 2019 ALLMTN 2.0 and am wondering if anyone can tell me tool i need for removing chainring lock. The park tool LRT-3 (see pic) looks like it could work but not sure.

20200707_205352.jpg

Thanks!
-Patrick

Looking on line, Patrick, I found the following: Link: https://www.emtbforums.com/community/threads/yamaha-broken-spider-help-needed.3971/ This forum thread has info that says the tool to fit is used for a Shimano/Isis bottom bracket. I don't know if that Park Tool you show fits the Shimano/Isis.

Cyclus Tools of Germany has a fancy tool: https://www.ridewill.it/p/en/cyclus...et-extractor-yamaha-and-giant-engines/558305/ I've dealt with Ridewill in Italy, getting some extra Haibike battery details for my PW Drive Full FatSix and their shipping to the US was relatively fast.

If this is warranty work, have you tried any US Haibike dealers?

Last week, I had to replace my front crank sprocket. The PW drive features a standard oversized nut, about 35mm in size, which I was able to pick up at the local Home Depot. Looks like the PW-X has a bit more sophisticated hold down nut.

Good luck, let me know what you come up with. Maybe a look on the Park Tool site to find that Shimano/Isis compatible tool......

Looking on line, Patrick, I found the following: Link: https://www.emtbforums.com/community/threads/yamaha-broken-spider-help-needed.3971/ This forum thread has info that says the tool to fit is used for a Shimano/Isis bottom bracket. I don't know if that Park Tool you show fits the Shimano/Isis.

Cyclus Tools of Germany has a fancy tool: https://www.ridewill.it/p/en/cyclus...et-extractor-yamaha-and-giant-engines/558305/ I've dealt with Ridewill in Italy, getting some extra Haibike battery details for my PW Drive Full FatSix and their shipping to the US was relatively fast.

If this is warranty work, have you tried any US Haibike dealers?

Last week, I had to replace my front crank sprocket. The PW drive features a standard oversized nut, about 35mm in size, which I was able to pick up at the local Home Depot. Looks like the PW-X has a bit more sophisticated hold down nut.

Good luck, let me know what you come up with. Maybe a look on the Park Tool site to find that Shimano/Isis compatible tool......

Hi Mike, thanks for your kind reply. I actually ordered a similar tool to what was in my screenshot prior to reading your response. I got the park tool bbt-18. It arrives in 2 more days so I will find out soon if I got lucky or not.

As for the warranty I still haven't received a reply from Haibike so I may just try to crack the case myself (pun intended). I did find a local dealer 2 hours away & he sold me a 2020 Xduro Nduro 2.0 for a great price so now I will have a spare! I can't stand to not be able to ride for weeks at a time & now my cheap stingy friends can ride with me once I fix the 2019.

The nduro has pw-x2 and my allmtn has pw-x which I choose so that I can now swap parts too if needed as dealer said they are near identical. So we shall see soon enough. Unfortunately now I have to wait 2 weeks for the new bike to arrive. I can't wait!

I will post here Sunday if the tool ends up fitting. Thanks again!
-Patrick

Ps; the dealer i found can also service motor & troubleshoot clicking sound but they have few weeks backlog. This was another reason for buying 2nd bike. They can also help to order drive gear replacement if that's indeed the problem. If i chicken out doing the work myself at least i can swap my chain ring now. :)

I have used exactly that tool to remove the chainring in Giant Trance E+ that is equipped with the Yamaha PW-X2 motor. The Cyclus part number is 7202781.

Stefan Mikes: Since chain rings are pretty much a wear item on our e-bikes, it's always a good thing to have that special tool on hand (as well as a torque wrench to torque the nut to Yamaha specs) for when the time comes to replace the chain ring. That German made Cyclus tool is a fine piece of engineering when combined with their special wrench that goes with this socket.

@motocross56: Let us know how it works out for that dealer getting internal parts for you. It'd be good to know if Yamaha indeed has a supply of parts to repair our motors if and when that time comes.

Hi Mike, thanks for your kind reply. I actually ordered a similar tool to what was in my screenshot prior to reading your response. I got the park tool bbt-18. It arrives in 2 more days so I will find out soon if I got lucky or not.

As for the warranty I still haven't received a reply from Haibike so I may just try to crack the case myself (pun intended). I did find a local dealer 2 hours away & he sold me a 2020 Xduro Nduro 2.0 for a great price so now I will have a spare! I can't stand to not be able to ride for weeks at a time & now my cheap stingy friends can ride with me once I fix the 2019.

The nduro has pw-x2 and my allmtn has pw-x which I choose so that I can now swap parts too if needed as dealer said they are near identical. So we shall see soon enough. Unfortunately now I have to wait 2 weeks for the new bike to arrive. I can't wait!

I will post here Sunday if the tool ends up fitting. Thanks again!
-Patrick
Do you know if the park tool bbt-18 will work on a 2018 Yamaha PW-X motor to remove the Chainring? Just wanted to verify before purchase. In addition, I was unable to find any DIY videos on the removal process. If you have used any, please link. Thanks!

Hi Bob,

Do you intend to just replace the chainring or the spider? Could you take a photo of your chainring as it is on your e-bike? Including the chain, cranks. Only the upper half.

Hi Bob,

Do you intend to just replace the chainring or the spider? Could you take a photo of your chainring as it is on your e-bike? Including the chain, cranks. Only the upper half.
Hi Stephan- My E-bike is currently at the LBS getting some chain work done. They found a stretch in it beyond 0.75 using a couple of different gauges. That said, they also indicated that the chainrings should be replaced on the next tune-up (perhaps next year). Nothing about the spider at this point.
I am researching now for FSR chainring replacements which I believe are on their website. In the interim, I may attempt to do it myself. I will post pictures once I get it back in my possession. Thank you kindly. ;)

Bob: if it is a typical MTB chainring, replacing it just requires an Allen key to remove, plus a simple tool CNW-2 (Park Tool) to fasten (used to keep the nut in the place from behind when tightening with the Allen key). No need to remove anything else if this is a standard chainring. Yet, I don't know how your bike was made, hence the request for pictures.

Bob: if it is a typical MTB chainring, replacing it just requires an Allen key to remove, plus a simple tool CNW-2 (Park Tool) to fasten (used to keep the nut in the place from behind when tightening with the Allen key). No need to remove anything else if this is a standard chainring. Yet, I don't know how your bike was made, hence the request for pictures.
That is great news if I do not have to remove the nut from the motor shaft. Yes, I am familiar with the CNW-2 tool.
I am facing another dilemma while shopping for the FSA rings. I have part numbers, however, I am now being told they should be the steel rings (for E-bikes) and not the "Alloy" ones. The only ones I am finding out in the market are Alloy with 104mm BCD with 4 bolt pattern. A bit confusing indeed. Thanks!

You info source is wrong. The bike comes with alloy 44t ring. Check the 32t with a magnet.

Back