Best settings for Rattan Fat Bear Plus

GoFaster

Does anybody know the best settings to get the most power out of the Rattan Fat Bear Plus? My bike has very little power when it comes to climbing hills. My friend has the Lectric XP and he is constantly killing me up hills and accelerates quite a bit faster than me.

Your friend has a "geared " motor- much better torque and the little 500 watt motor will peak at 800 watts, so it is pretty peppy, the XP I had was very peppy the problem was the battery went down quickly Your "FATBear has a Direct Drive motor, for the regen qualities and these motors do not have the torque or low rolling resistance of the "geared motors.
On my Yamee FB+, the controller is bad and apparently, they are not going to send me a new one, I had to pull the old one out to get a picture and info( I didn't want to do it) and I had a rough time trying to get the controller to work right apparently the color code is not right on the wires( and boy are they tiny wires)

Your friend has a "geared " motor- much better torque and the little 500 watt motor will peak at 800 watts, so it is pretty peppy, the XP I had was very peppy the problem was the battery went down quickly Your "FATBear has a Direct Drive motor, for the regen qualities and these motors do not have the torque or low rolling resistance of the "geared motors.
On my Yamee FB+, the controller is bad and apparently, they are not going to send me a new one, I had to pull the old one out to get a picture and info( I didn't want to do it) and I had a rough time trying to get the controller to work right apparently the color code is not right on the wires( and boy are they tiny wires)
Hi KMCCUNE,

Im lookong to change out the controller box on my Yamee XL. Can I ask you a favor? Any chance you kept some information about the wiring? Of not, no worries. Ill try to identify the colors and post that info on this site. I was hoping that Yamee would use similar controllers across their 750w bikes. Maybe the 500w would use different controllers but they hopefully they would use the same coloring scheme for the wires.

Sorry I didn't keep any info on the wiring most were just match the other colors in the connectors and sometimes look for the number of wires( Some of the colors were different) if its too crowded in there with the new controller pull the slack out of the access holes and bundle as best you can The new controller they sent was a higher quality component, slightly bigger and I couldn't get everything back in the tube and the new controller put my FB+ about on par with the XP, now I think the reason being its dumping a fair amount more amps into the motor and I would surmise that the battery is going to drain quicker if you keep after it. After that swap the FBs performance was acceptable, keep in mind I used to own an XP as well.
Yamees range claim tend to be very optimistic, after the controller swap is probably going to be less, sort of like putting a bigger carburator on an old school V8, the extra power feels good so you stay in it more. As I said about the XP, the battery went away pretty quick in hilly terrain, so it must have an "unbridled" controller, the Good Folks at "Lectric" knew People liked peppy response, so they gave the "XP" good pep. And while you are working on the wiring, sometimes you get lucky.

Last edited:
Back