BESV Jaguar JS1

Tara D.

Is having to leave the key in a deal breaker for you when looking for an electric bike? I love how quite this motor is! Check out the BESV Jaguar!

Last edited:
I have the PS1 and LX1 and think the key is unnecessary. It's not like someone isn't going to steal the bike because they lack boost. It really provides no purpose other than something to lose down the road and render the bike useless for its owner.

I just leave the key in at all times so It's no big deal

Good point! I would probably leave the key in also, for a often as I lose my car keys I really wouldn't want to have the hassle.

Tara, be advised, the BESV was incorrectly advertised as 28mph by the forum owner (edit: those advertisements weren't sponsored by BESV) it is a 20mph bike. For that price, I'd reconsider BESV if you put more value on speed over other factors. Customer support is another issue, they have a tiny staff and communication was delayed.

With most low volume niche products, firmware updates, customer service and new releases are far and few between. The benefit is that it looks great, turns heads and is solid in quality and feel unlike the cheaper brands. The assist feels like an extension of your legs and is smooth unlike gear motors.

Just test ride one before you buy

Update: It's hard to find BESV dealers in SoCal but they still have warehouses and sell parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
test rode this today at the palo alto ebike expo and this felt like a great bike. the assist felt very natural to me and the only other bike that gave that feeling was a stromer

I do like the ride quality of the LX1 I ride to work everyday. It's very solid and natural feeling but I prefer the PS1 on short trips due to the rear suspension. That's why I won't buy a Stromer or other brands. Once you get used to rear suspension, it's hard to go back and chatter your teeth on every pebble.

Last edited by a moderator:
you can always add a bodyfloat for your seat or a thudbuster. haven't checked to see if they would fit on these bikes but that would be sweet.

update for this bike review. the bikes shipping now appear to have a folding key making it flush(ish) with the frame, but you still have to leave the key in to turn it on.

I tried the bike in my local bike store . Recently I am thinking to buy an electric bike .

I loved the concept but somehow feel bike is slow . Not giving the power cheaper competitors providing .

For me looks is important but at that price I also expect performance too

We sell the BESV product line in the SF Bay Area. I personally ride the JS1 Advanced and just love it. Well built bikes.

the great thing with the js1 is the direct drive motor. it has a nice smooth acceleration up to about 20mph. past that and your thighs are gonna burn.
it is curious why they limited the speed to 20mph since many pedelecs offer up to 28mph.

a cheaper option with similar specs would be something like this
https://electricbikereview.com/rad-power-bikes/radcity/

i have never tried the radcity but have ridden a radrover and they seem to be well built. not as elegant as the besv.

maybe there's a black friday sale coming up?

I want to by my new e bike and I’m between BESV JS1 advance and Specialized Vado 3.0 what will be your choice?! Very interested in your opinion....

I want to by my new e bike and I’m between BESV JS1 advance and Specialized Vado 3.0 what will be your choice?! Very interested in your opinion....

Yeah you can buy my BESV LX1 for 2200 shipped. ;). That's half the price.

did you buy a bike? what did you decide?

i would like to chime in that the js1 has been a fantastic bike for me and even though i've had some trouble lately with mine BesV has been honoring their warranty so far and looking into my issues to see if it is a warranty issue.

i have been using mine as a commuter and it has been through the elements and taken a beating.

Back