Known Issues & Problems with BPM Imports Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

troehrkasse

EBR Webmaster
Region
USA
City
Fort Collins
No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from BPM Imports as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

I bought a F-15RS from BPMimports.com in Dec of 2019. Within 1 month, I had to replace the Shimano shifter and have the bike tuned (to be expected on a bike bought on the internet). The basic bike is ok although a bit pricey at $1795. It has a very good Samsung battery, Bafang motor, KT controller and full suspension. The derailleur is a Shimano Tourney which is entry level. The brakes are an unknown Chinese brand which squeak even after professional tuning at a local bike shop. The display is tiny. Support is nonexistent. The F-15RS is marketed as a folding bike. Mine would not fold due to a defective frame. BPM which appears to be a one man operation, would not honor their 1 year frame warranty. I took the bike to multiple local bike shops and machine shops but no one was able to make the bike fold without the assistance of at least one other person. Their conclusion was a defective frame. The fenders on the bike wobble excessively because of a lack of support brackets. I gave up and ordered a Rad Mini StepThru folding bike which currently sells for $300 less and is a far superior ebike with exceptional customer support. RAD has an actual storefront with very knowledgeable and helpful technicians. I'll sell the BPM locally to someone, after disclosing the folding problem for what ever I can get.

Back