30,000 Kilometer Check-In

Now that I hit the 2 1/2 year mark, the battery is starting to feel a little long in the tooth. That being said, I would estimate the current capacity to be around 21 miles throttle, or maybe around 550-600 watt hours. This from an original 841 whr capacity, so not terrible degradation. The manufacturer provides a 5 year warranty on the battery, and so far I'd say there is a good chance I make it to the 5 year mark with a reasonably usable battery. The bike is ready for it's second bottom bracket, I've replaced the seat, but other than tubes/pads, there have been no mechanical problems.

My current weekend "fun ride" is about 6 hours using PAS 1, which provides about 70w to the motor. I go from Tustin, CA to Ocenside, CA on what I call the Orange County Whistle-Stop EBike tour. Generally following the Metrolink, it's 65 miles through sleepy towns, creek paths, coastline views and culminates with 7 miles riding directly on the shoulder of Interstate 5. After a bite or two, it's $10 to take the train back and 30 minutes home.

30,000 Km is a lot of revolutions, and this bike has never let me down. While I know ebike riders are a diverse group, those looking for a "do everything" bike would be hard pressed to find a better vehicle.

Hi Eric,
Congratulations on your 30k km’s relatively trouble free achievement. Hoping your next 30k km’s goes even better
I’m not far behind you with 28k km’s in 18 months of ownership

Back