3 speed problem

zismlg

Region
USA
Does nayone know how to fix a 3 speed selector, that doesnt change speeds, mine is stuck on the low speed

I would think there are multiple potential causes, but first I think a little clarification is in order. Are you referring to changing assist modes, or shifting gears?

If it’s the assist modes, I can’t be if any help. If it’s the gearing, the first thing I’d check is whether the cable needs to be tightened, as they will stretch or loosen over time.

Let's assume it is a Nexus twist shift. The cable enters the shifter from the front side and wraps across the top. 3 is at top, 2 middle and 1 at the bottom. If it is stuck at one then the cable is too tight. It needs more slack to hit 2 and 3. Did you recently tighten the cable? It could also have a kink somewhere. Almost as if someone installed a mid-drive and ran the cable between the motor and the bottom bracket. Here is the three-speed I rode today. The bike has leather washers that support the fenders which match the tires.

Attachments

• 625b.JPG
    625b.JPG
    257.2 KB · Views: 135
  • CremeUno3c.JPG
    CremeUno3c.JPG
    412.6 KB · Views: 140
  • CremeUno3e - Copy (2).JPG
    CremeUno3e - Copy (2).JPG
    778.7 KB · Views: 148
  • CremeUno3f.JPG
    CremeUno3f.JPG
    296.8 KB · Views: 123
  • CremeUno3g.JPG
    CremeUno3g.JPG
    347.3 KB · Views: 118
  • CremeUno3l.JPG
    CremeUno3l.JPG
    56.5 KB · Views: 122
On the 3 speed hub you need to make your cable adjustment in 2nd gear. Adjust your cable length at the adjuster until the yellow line is in line with the marks on the housing. On my Dekra, I mounted a mirror to help ease this since my mount was a bit different with shaft drive.

Attachments

• 5CDE03AE-A0C8-4CA8-83FD-7854FB386EEF.jpeg
    5CDE03AE-A0C8-4CA8-83FD-7854FB386EEF.jpeg
    93.3 KB · Views: 126
I'm talking about the 3 speed wire in the controller, I didn't tighten anything I just think that I connected the controller incorrectly

Back