LUNA E-PUMP

vadim1836

I'll be ordering the pump shortly, which connector do I need: XT90 or XT60?
and I'm assuming, I'll need to remove the battery pack from the bike in order to connect the pump, right?

I'll be ordering the pump shortly, which connector do I need: XT90 or XT60?
and I'm assuming, I'll need to remove the battery pack from the bike in order to connect the pump, right?
You need a mate to the battery connector. Whichever you have. You could use a splitter with the proper connectors. BTW contrary to claims this is NOT their product, just a years old design Chinese made pump customized with a name emblazoned. $15 free shipping and you sort the connectors from Banggood. Honestly, it's one of the more useless pieces of kit I've purchased. A good quality hand pump or a co2 system is much more convenient in y experience. Of course YMMV

You need a mate to the battery connector. Whichever you have. You could use a splitter with the proper connectors. BTW contrary to claims this is NOT their product, just a years old design Chinese made pump customized with a name emblazoned. $15 free shipping and you sort the connectors from Banggood. Honestly, it's one of the more useless pieces of kit I've purchased. A good quality hand pump or a co2 system is much more convenient in y experience. Of course YMMV
I ordered one. Got it, but have never been able to use it. No connector found. It's in a drawer somewhere....

huh, bummer, I thought I found a very handy tool that would just plug-and-play into a battery and pump a tire within minutes.
it totally make sense to use a bike battery to power the pump, I'm surprised there is nothing else available.
hand pump would take forever to inflate a fat tire. I never used co2, maybe I should learn how to.

Changing connectors and retrofitting is easy, IF you have basic solder skills. Something every DIY eBike builder should be able to do. That said after all my work I found co2 and a decent home hand pump to be do much easier.

Attachments

• teo.jpeg
    teo.jpeg
    75.1 KB · Views: 506
Here we go. Would be great if I could use it. It's small and inflates well, I think....
I'm sorry, what I'd wanted to see are the connector from the battery to the motor.

BTW several of us stripped ours down to be even smaller.

Attachments

• Tire Pump insides.jpg
    Tire Pump insides.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 545
  • 48V air compressor.jpg
    48V air compressor.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 533
  • Tire pump final top.jpg
    Tire pump final top.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 506
For reference, the bigger one is an XT90 while the smaller ones are XT60. These connectors are mainly seen on do-it-yourself ebikes, which of course is what Luna sells. They intend for you to unplug your present battery and plug in their pump.

Someone with a factory bike will have the battery cables routed tightly near the frame or even inside it, and adding an XT connector mainly adds a point of failure. I would advise against it.

The fumpa sure seems like fun until you run out of battery. maybe on a fat tire bike, which is really the only tire that benefits from a electric pump.

Me, I found an unused CO2 cartridge on the bike path and that got me intrigued on CO2 pumps. I bought a pump, plus a 6 pack of cartidges. Wouldn't you know, the darn pump fell out of my bag, So someoneone will have found it by now.

xt.jpg

I'm sorry, what I'd wanted to see are the connector from the battery to the motor.

BTW several of us stripped ours down to be even smaller.
That is the battery connector... There is no other connector. I kinda thought I could remove the battery from the bike, connect the Luna pump to the battery and use it to inflate the tires and then put the battery back...

adding an XT connector mainly adds a point of failure. I would advise against it.
While I totally disagree with that conclusion, I wholeheartedly agree that a co2 kit is perhaps one of the easiest. AND it won't cost as much as a 25-year-old single malt. I'm pretty much disappointed in all my other purchases.

(I use the often hated and Luna criticized Anderson connectors. They have nice accessories and are much easier to plug in and unplug. I'd splice in and use a Y rig with a cover on the pump lead. Add some ACF50 for good waterproofing.

Last edited:
That is the battery connector... There is no other connector. I kinda thought I could remove the battery from the bike, connect the Luna pump to the battery and use it to inflate the tires and then put the battery back...
So the battery has no connector to disconnect from the motor...OK. Then you'd have to splice into the line. Easy with tools and experience. Otherwise, HarryS is spot on. CO2.

In 12 years of city riding, I've never had a need to pump my tires on a ride. But of course YMMV. I must add, early in my eBike days, I over thought and overbought things that seemed cool, but in the end, didn't need. Not implying you don't need it, just sharing experiences.

Not unusual here and on forums especially in winter, to find cool stuff and think I need it. Once riding I tend not to think so much HAHAHAHA!!!!

I got me one of those. Works like a charm. Rechargeable.
Oasser Air Compressor Portable Mini Air Inflator Hand Held Tire Pump 2000mAh with Digital LCD LED Light 12V AC DC Lithium Battery 120PSI 20Litres/Min for Car Bicycle Tires and Other Inflatables P1S
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07H3LP4LL/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_QGSFCbC2QH4NH
this one looks like a good alternative to Luna e-pump and no need to mess with wires.
as for inflating/deflating tires on a ride, it's been a few occasions when I'd wanted to lower the pressure when off-roading in sand or snow and then pump it back to normal pressure on the street.

Back