Battery not charging

harperg

I have two Bulls EVO 8's that are a little over a year old. Both batteries went bad and were replaced. When I got the new batteries they charged normally. Over time I have run the batteries down. Mine has two lights left and my wife's bike has three. The chargers show a slow blinking green light, but neither charges after ten hours of charging. Anyone had this problem, or have any ideas as to what to try?

I have two Bulls EVO 8's that are a little over a year old. Both batteries went bad and were replaced. When I got the new batteries they charged normally. Over time I have run the batteries down. Mine has two lights left and my wife's bike has three. The chargers show a slow blinking green light, but neither charges after ten hours of charging. Anyone had this problem, or have any ideas as to what to try?

Yes. Happens to me. Try installing the battery on the bike, turning it on then off ,and then plugging the charger into battery whend it's off the bike.

Yes. Happens to me. Try installing the battery on the bike, turning it on then off ,and then plugging the charger into battery whend it's off the bike.

The (BMZ) charger will make an audible clicking sound when it turns on. If you do not hear it, it's not actually charging though the light may flash ( at least in my experience with mine).

Firstly those 19 cent gauges are often wrong. Next, it's best to have a multimeter, $10 Amazon, and report actual voltages. It's much easier to help with troubleshooting with more information. You could have a problem charger! Use a multimeter to test that as well.

I have a similar experience with my EVO 8 batteries not charging. Bulls sent me a used one since they had none in stock and that one had half capacity and then went bad as well. I now have paid for 2 new batteries over a year ago with no batteries in sight. I also contact rebuilders of bike batteries and they have conveyed that the BMS system on the batteries is difficult to work with and they have decided not to rebuild these batteries (one of these compamies was listed on the Brose referal list). With two bikes sitting in my driveway (one of them relyed on for my comute) I am more than frustrated be the year wait combined with no opportunity to rebuild the batteries in the market.

If any one has found a solution to the Bulls EVO 8 batteries please reply!

Back