Be sure to check the return policy before ordering! (Dillenger doesn't take returns)

Donnie Wilson

Bought a 1000 Watt Bike kit for my Trek Dual Sport the Dillenger website was unclear on what rim size to order but I gave my best shot with information that was provided. Received the wrong kit and asked Dillenger for an exchange here is their response:

Hello,

I checked with the owner and unfortunately, we can't do returns or exchanges, as explained on our website:

https://dillengerelectricbikes.com/customer-service/#answer3

As you have been sent what you ordered, a 24" kit, we can't offer a return. You can have the motor laced into a bigger rim by a local bike shop so you can use it in combination with your bike.

In today's online environment of good customer service, this is not customer service and I would advise anyone considering an Ebike kit to look elsewhere.

Thanks for posting, and welcome to the forum!

I adjusted the thread title to make it more general, because this is a big risk with online purchases. I've also ordered a product without reading the return policy first. And, then, I couldn't return the product when it didn't suit my needs. This is a VERY frustrating experience to have.

Buyer beware. I think we get so used to huge online retailers that take returns so easily, that it's easy to miss this step of checking the return policy, at least for me! Thank you for raising this issue! You are helping others by raising awareness.

As for the employee's advice, having the motor re-laced is a big job. This is hardly a solution.

The only other thing I could suggest is tweeting your complaint if you use Twitter. Sometimes companies will make an exception to their policy if they are getting bad advertising.

Bought a 1000 Watt Bike kit for my Trek Dual Sport the Dillenger website was unclear on what rim size to order but I gave my best shot with information that was provided. Received the wrong kit and asked Dillenger for an exchange here is their response:

Hello,

I checked with the owner and unfortunately, we can't do returns or exchanges, as explained on our website:

https://dillengerelectricbikes.com/customer-service/#answer3

As you have been sent what you ordered, a 24" kit, we can't offer a return. You can have the motor laced into a bigger rim by a local bike shop so you can use it in combination with your bike.

In today's online environment of good customer service, this is not customer service and I would advise anyone considering an Ebike kit to look elsewhere.
Literally the worst customer unfriendly policies I've ever seen. The excuse that they can't accept a return because of potential shipping damage is bs - virtually all companies say the product has to be returned in good, "as-new" condition before they'll issue a refund - and often there's a hefty restocking fee. Refusing to accept any returns for unused products that can be resold is outrageous. Talk about shady.

If you used a credit card, dispute the purchase. Merchants get zinged every time they lose a dispute.

Refusing to accept any returns for unused products that can be resold is outrageous.

I agree that this is consumer-unfriendly, but it isn't shady or dishonest when the policies are clearly available and posted on the website. It is extremely frustrating (and I've been in this situation) to order something, assuming an exchange would be possible, and then discovering that it isn't.

Back