What lithium battery is most trustworthy?

Bigfoot

I'm looking for a 36v 13amp hour lithium batter for my Bafang BBS02 bike. The products out there are numerous, and very hard to know which batteries are most cost effective and reliable. Thanks before hand, for your input!!

I'm looking for a 36v 13amp hour lithium batter for my Bafang BBS02 bike. The products out there are numerous, and very hard to know which batteries are most cost effective and reliable. Thanks before hand, for your input!!

"The EM3ev 36V Frame Pack Ebike Battery

https://em3ev.com/shop/36v-frame-pack-battery/

We now are fitting the 36V frame battery pack with a Smart BMS. The Smart BMS allows the cell group voltage, temperature and battery capacity percentage to be monitored via an Android app through a Bluetooth connection. The Smart BMS will balance the cells even at a 90% charge."

Unit Power Pack (they have their own online store as well as aliexpress and eBay) seems to be pretty good. Make sure you get a pack which says it has Samsung/LG/Sanyo/etc cells.

I just ordered one and it's coming tomorrow.

I’ve had a 13.5ah Luna bottle battery with Panasonic cells on my 36v BBS01 for two years/800 miles and it’s still charging fine, I don’t discharge it fully but after 15 miles there is voltage drop off but still delivers sufficient power in the higher PAS levels.

California ebike has a 15ah 36v Hailong battery with generic cells and a USB port for slightly cheaper.

Last edited:
I’m sad to report we’ve given up on UPP batteries. To many BMS failures and dumbing down of quality. Instead of nickel they are using nickel plated steel. A complete disappointment. I’ve come to believe many battery sellers look at today’s profit with little focus on continued sales. Bird in the hand... But that stinks when there is no warranty support. Asking a customer to replace their own BMS.

Last edited by a moderator:
hello all :
so tech in batteries is changing ..packs using the 18650 lipo cells vs LiFePO4 packs..
the LiFePO4 are suppose to be safer(fire) & quicker to recharge the packs need protection cases. vs the 18650 cell that come in cans.. .
you may be able to repair the 18650 packs ..
While the LiFePO4 you will probably not be able to do so..

The cost of the LiFePO4 packs seem to be cheeper per amp hr.. and I am pretty sure they weigh less..
you will note that an 18650 pack for 36 volts will be most likely a 10s4 or 40 batteries (4 banks of 10 cells in series)
and the LiFePO4 will be 12s or12 cells in a series ,,
If I had to start over I think I would go with the LiFePO4 ..
I have 15 bottle batteries after I ordered 2 and someone sent me 10...
bottle batteries have issues staying in their holders in rough conditions.
I have a 2" nylon safety straps holding battery to holder..
along with the lock..
keep in mind you want the weight low on the frame..if possible,,,
73...good luck,,,

^^cheap packs - I'll bet those end-plate ties are paper thin, wonder if the're even welded. Maybe they have a machine that spot welds them.
Anyway, don't drop that thing!! BOOM! 🤣

Oh, and lipos on a ebike? I'm just not ready for that yet. We use them for the RC cars and they puff very easily - not cells, but soft packs, some are in a plastic box, but can still puff. 2s to 6s are most common.

LiFePo4 are heavy when configured adequately for a 17Ah 48-52V pack. LiPo for burning your garage down unless you have LOTS of experience. EM3ev packs are among the safest, built by a British expat in his Chinese factory.

Here's what you get from Annie, Luna, and UPP...

Then there's EM3ev, last photo! BTW it is a repairable pack unlike the packs encased in epoxy.

Attachments

• 12E0FC08-4B5C-4849-9137-6DC5520118F5.jpeg
    12E0FC08-4B5C-4849-9137-6DC5520118F5.jpeg
    550.6 KB · Views: 981
  • 79B63AEE-7215-41F5-B83E-64A10815562A.jpeg
    79B63AEE-7215-41F5-B83E-64A10815562A.jpeg
    566.8 KB · Views: 967
  • Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 11.54.29 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-01-18 at 11.54.29 AM.png
    349 KB · Views: 1,062
Last edited:
Hello is there any one that had a problem with his ebike... The issue is that my ebike goes off sometimes when i use it... When i turned it on it shows all that power are full while i move on the power assist looks like goes down gradually as far as i pedal when i stop pedaling the power assist comes full again..thanks in advance

Dillenger is selling their 36v Samsung 13ah battery for $299. I've had no problems with their batteries and they are still running strong after 3 years.

They also sell a 14.5ah and 17.5ah in the same case.

If the higher Ah batteries are in a Dolphin case they are glued together, over crowded and no cell level fusing.

Back