Known Issues & Problems with DJ Bikes Products + Help, Solutions & Fixes

Ann M.

No ebike is perfect, this is a thread dedicated to sharing known issues or problems with electric bikes from DJ Bikes as well as any help and solutions you know of. Sometimes that means a DIY fix and other times it can mean a recall, software update or part replacement by a dealer.

Please be respectful and constructive with feedback, this is not a space for hate speech. In many cases, representatives from the company will see feedback and use it to improve their product. In the end, the goal is to enjoy riding and help each other go further and be safer.

Received my DJ Fat bike about a week after ordering it from Amazon, (My buddy ordered a Rad bike 3 months ago and he still hasn’t received it yet). Putting it together was relatively easy. The hard part was cutting all the zip ties. I was able to program the controller according to the instructions. I’m not sure how the power assist works, all I do know is that when I pushed the power button, the bike went up to 20mph without doing any peddling.

It sure is a very impressive looking bike.

I’ve only ridden it around the block a couple times, but I’m very impressed with it. I live on a moderate hill and it went up the hill effortlesssly. The bike seems to fit my body well, I’m 6’ 2” and 225 pounds.

My concerns (Not discussed in the User’s Guide) are:
1) The bike came equipped with a head light, but there is no tail light, and no aparent place to mount one or a way to wire it to the battery.
2) On the front forks there are knobs on top of each side, one is red, the other black. The black knob says “preload” with an arrow and + and - signs. The red one has an arrow and a picture of a paddle lock. I assume the preload one adjusts the shock absober? I have no idea of what the red knob does.
3) I would like to raise the handlebars, but haven’t figured out how.
If you have any comments or suggestions on my listed concerns, I’d like to hear what your comments are.

I ordered the “Ibera bike rack - bicycle touring carrier plus+ for disc brake mount“ from Amazon, it should arrive tomorrow.

Received my DJ Fat bike about a week after ordering it from Amazon, (My buddy ordered a Rad bike 3 months ago and he still hasn’t received it yet). Putting it together was relatively easy. The hard part was cutting all the zip ties. I was able to program the controller according to the instructions. I’m not sure how the power assist works, all I do know is that when I pushed the power button, the bike went up to 20mph without doing any peddling.

I’ve only ridden it around the block a couple times, but I’m very impressed with it. I live on a moderate hill and it went up the hill effortlesssly. The bike seems to fit my body well, I’m 6’ 2” and 225 pounds.

1) The bike came equipped with a head light, but there is no tail light, and no aparent place to mount one or a way to wire it to the battery.
2) On the front forks there are knobs on top of each side, one is red, the other black. The black knob says “preload” with an arrow and + and - signs. The red one has an arrow and a picture of a paddle lock. I assume the preload one adjusts the shock absober? I have no idea of what the red knob does.
If you have any comments or suggestions on my listed concerns, I’d like to hear what your comments are.

I ordered the “Ibera bike rack - bicycle touring carrier plus+ for disc brake mount“ from Amazon, it should arrive tomorrow.

1) Correct. No rear tail light wired into the system. I have a tail light that’s part of the rear rack I installed. I did not order the Ibera rack, although it’s supposed to fit perfectly
2) The plus minus symbol indicates increasing or decreasing the fork preload. On the other side, you can totally disable the suspension with that switch—lock out mode.
3). Easily done but difficult to explain. If I had my bike here I would just post a pic. But it’s not difficult it can be done with the multi tool DJ Bikes supplied you with.

I have the mountain bike and really like it. I’m quite sure you’ll enjoy the Fat Bike.

1) Correct. No rear tail light wired into the system. I have a tail light that’s part of the rear rack I installed. I did not order the Ibera rack, although it’s supposed to fit perfectly
2) The plus minus symbol indicates increasing or decreasing the fork preload. On the other side, you can totally disable the suspension with that switch—lock out mode.
3). Easily done but difficult to explain. If I had my bike here I would just post a pic. But it’s not difficult it can be done with the multi tool DJ Bikes supplied you with.

I have the mountain bike and really like it. I’m quite sure you’ll enjoy the Fat Bike.
I’m brand new here. Just bought a used DJ Bikes Mountain bike. I’m looking for help to advise me which rear rack will fit my bike. Robert

Did the Iberia rack fit your dj bike?

Back