Magnum Peak Thread

Kurt in CT

Hi. I have a fairly new Magnum Peak. Very pleased so far, but finding surprisingly little on this forum regarding them. Just looking for other Peak owners to share and compare thoughts and experiences with the product.
How long you had it?
How is the power working for you?
How is your battery life? How many miles are you getting?
What's been your riding experience with them thus far?
What PAS mode do you typically run in?
Any major mechanical issues?
How do you like it on trails? Road?
Thanks,

Hi. I have a fairly new Magnum Peak. Very pleased so far, but finding surprisingly little on this forum regarding them. Just looking for other Peak owners to share and compare thoughts and experiences with the product.
How long you had it?
Thanks,

Test ride the Peak and thought it ran very well with pretty good power. I'm interested the Metro Plus , same mechianixs just sits more upright.

Same here. Haven't taken really long rides. But it's solid as a rock on the short ones for sure. I really have no complaints.
Well maybe one: I could you something for my tush and the hard seat. (But that's not Magnum's fault!)

My Magnum Peak is solid also but it lacks a torque sensor which would be so much nicer than the cadence sensor that comes on it. I also believe they shouldn't advertise it as a 28 mph e-bike which it surely is not. The best speed I have gotten out of it so far is 25mph still not bad but no 28 mph....and no cigar.

My Magnum Peak is solid also but it lacks a torque sensor which would be so much nicer than the cadence sensor that comes on it. I also believe they shouldn't advertise it as a 28 mph e-bike which it surely is not. The best speed I have gotten out of it so far is 25mph still not bad but no 28 mph....and no cigar.
Agreed. Not hitting 28 or close, without downhill. But not really missing it.
Regarding torque, having never had it, I dont know what I'm missing. So the cadence works for me now.
Im also quite pleased with my decision to go with a e-mtnbike in general. Had considered thin tires and roadsters, but love the versatility of this bike. I pretty much go anywhere I feel like. Perfect for me.

I still have no idea what my range is, as I've not put it to the test. I also have times that I choose to work hard. So the variables are many. But i suspect if I used the power a lot, It would be maxing out at under 30 miles... maybe way under.

Same here. Haven't taken really long rides. But it's solid as a rock on the short ones for sure. I really have no complaints.
Well maybe one: I could you something for my tush and the hard seat. (But that's not Magnum's fault!)

You may want to try something like the "Suntour SP12-NCX Mountain Road Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost" - I just added it to my Peak and it made a major difference in comfort.

You may want to try something like the "Suntour SP12-NCX Mountain Road Bike Suspension Travel Seatpost" - I just added it to my Peak and it made a major difference in comfort.
BB, I just checked us out on YouTube. Looks like exactly what I need. Thank you.

How long you had it?
Thanks,
I bought my Peak 29er about 7 months ago, and it suits me really well. I've done a couple rides over 25 miles, and at that point I still have more than half the power left in the battery. That distance is enough for me, so I haven't worried about range yet. Initially I wondered about buying a 2nd battery and hauling it in my panier if I wanted to do a long ride with a lot of hills, but I don't see the need now. I ride it some on logging roads, but as it turns out I enjoy riding it on off-road asphalt/paved paths the best. But as someone else said, it's so nice to have the versatility with the wider tires. So in other words, I love it and think it's a great value. Just had a friend test-ride it and 2 or 3 days later he e-mailed me a photo with him on his new Magnum Metro (which fits his city-riding needs best). That's his first e-bike. I had a conversion-kit bike (thumb-throttle only, no pedal-assist, not great on hills) before buying the Peak, and it's such a thrill every time I get on the Peak.

I bought my Peak 29er about 7 months ago, and it suits me really well. I've done a couple rides over 25 miles, and at that point I still have more than half the power left in the battery. That distance is enough for me, so I haven't worried about range yet. Initially I wondered about buying a 2nd battery and hauling it in my panier if I wanted to do a long ride with a lot of hills, but I don't see the need now. I ride it some on logging roads, but as it turns out I enjoy riding it on off-road asphalt/paved paths the best. But as someone else said, it's so nice to have the versatility with the wider tires. So in other words, I love it and think it's a great value. Just had a friend test-ride it and 2 or 3 days later he e-mailed me a photo with him on his new Magnum Metro (which fits his city-riding needs best). That's his first e-bike. I had a conversion-kit bike (thumb-throttle only, no pedal-assist, not great on hills) before buying the Peak, and it's such a thrill every time I get on the Peak.[/QUOTE

Hey grasshopper. Appreciate the post. Logging roads. I'm guessing you are in the north west?
In my first summer/year with my Peak... Still loving it as much as ever. My pattern of use with it is not as ambitious as many in this forum. I simply just ride it around, almost daily, but just five or 10 miles. I find that I can be so spontaneous and hopping on and going around my local area. I do admit I'm getting slightly bored with the same old places, so I need to work on that.
Another observation (that is not particularly revolutionary), is that I live in a hilly area and see that the power is significantly affected by that fact. When I took the bike up to Massachusetts and rode flat terrain, I was amazed at how much range I had in comparison.

One of these days, I'll work on the seat with a spring-loaded post or more cushier seat.
No technical or performance Issues yet.

Btw, I also have the 29". At one point I thought I should swap it
BB, I may post this in the other section as well. My question is, do you think it's overkill to have the spring loaded seat post plus a new seat like cloud 9?

Hi I'm Glenn from New Zealand and a newbie.
I bought a Peak Magnum 29er at Easter this year. I am very pleased with it. I use it for my work commute 25km (12 miles) each way most days. Have racked up around 3000km (1800 miles) and I am really enjoying it. Its my first E-Bike and it has given me a riding bug. Last weekend went for a bit of a ride 70 kms (around 40 miles) and had plenty of battery left to do another 30 kms at least. I had the setting on economy and was on level 2, averaging 25 kmph / 15mph. I just wanted to see what sort of distance I could do on it. I am on flats and limestone paths and roads. I try to vary the commute so do High speed some days which really hits the battery so end up charging at work to be safe. Being my first e bike and not really being a cyclist before I really love my Peak.

I had the sore butt for a while but time in the saddle has fixed this. No need for upgrade.

One thing I did notice with the speedo, just following the comments in this post, it is out by about 10%. I bought a Fitbit a couple of months ago, and have this linked to my phone for GPS, and the GPS Average speed and speeds when moving is about 10% faster. Distance traveled by GPS is greater than the what the bike reads as well.

What I am looking to do is put a different tire on, more of a road tire because I'm on roads and limestone paths. I don't know where to start though. Has anyone got some ideas?

Hi Glenn. I think you're the first person with a Peak to respond that has put on that much range on a ride (70kms). Good to hear your numbers. Been waiting to hear of this from someone. My rides are all recreational and tend to be under 10 miles. Also, always in hilly areas. That really eats-up the battery range...

How long you had it?
Thanks,

Hi Kurt,

I Just picked up a Peak 27.5 here in the central mountains of Pennsylvania (the day before yesterday). I'm more used to 29s but I do like this a lot.

Early days yet and the relentless rains have kept me off the ride. It's gotta clear soon. I'm having a password (number) access problem with the C-7 Das-kit display that has me moderately annoyed but we'll get it sorted. I simply can't get in to change anything.

I've contacted Magnum. I got and acknowledgement that they got my email but no constructive reply as yet.

My 1mile lane is a dirt trail so I'll have a variety of conditions and I'm adjacent to a huge PA State Forest that I've retired from working in for over 30 years so, good to go.
I'll check in here from time to time.
Thanks,

Dana

Last edited:
Are you inputting 8306? That’s the code that works on my Ui6. It’s a bit odd on the input, but works for me.

Hi Kurt,

I Just picked up a Peak 27.5 here in the central mountains of Pennsylvania (the day before yesterday). I'm more used to 29s but I do like this a lot.

Early days yet and the relentless rains have kept me off the ride. It's gotta clear soon. I'm having a password (number) access problem with the C-7 Das-kit display that has me moderately annoyed but we'll get it sorted. I simply can't get in to change anything.

I've contacted Magnum. I got and acknowledgement that they got my email but no constructive reply as yet.

My 1mile lane is a dirt trail so I'll have a variety of conditions and I'm adjacent to a huge PA State Forest that I've retired from working in for over 30 years so, good to go.
I'll check in here from time to time.
Thanks,

Dana
Thanks Dana. Good to have you in the club! Enjoy!
I'm 62, btw, as a point of reference. Love my Peak

Back