2022 Turbo Vado 4.0 with Mastermind TCD

mjones5

Region
USA
The display on my Turbo Vado is great but I just can’t figure out how to adjust it to display my heart rate. i can connect my heart rate monitor to Mission Control but have not yet figured out how to display on my Mastermind monitor. The bike shop doesn’t think I can. Has anyone been able to ? I have included a photo to show you what display I have. I know the TCU on Vado SL can display it and been guided to those instructions.

Attachments

• 6D6E2D0A-49D2-4458-9E6A-DBB2E2271F92.png
    6D6E2D0A-49D2-4458-9E6A-DBB2E2271F92.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 159
I just joined the forums, so I was not around to answer this question any earlier. My understanding is that you can press both + and - buttons on the speed sensors to get into the menu to add BLE or Ant + items. I'm picking up my Vado 4.0 later this evening and plan to add my HR monitor to the interface there. I believe it can also be added to Mission Control, but I don't know if that will read out on the system. I'm sure you already have it figured out, but hopefully this response will assist someone else with a similar question in the future.

Thanks for the reply and it was actually easy to set it up. I am having a problem with it recording a high heart rate and average at the end of the ride. Seems it always shows the same number. I am guessing a future software update will fix this.

Thanks for the reply and it was actually easy to set it up. I am having a problem with it recording a high heart rate and average at the end of the ride. Seems it always shows the same number. I am guessing a future software update will fix this.
I ran into a bit of an issue myself last night with my HR and the Vado...but I'm also inducing some new variables with my Garmin Watch. Using the ebike, it will show me my HR on the device and/or my watch instantly, but it isn't displaying at all in the app after the fact. I realized that I will have to donate to the Dev to get these features. I'm hoping my donation kicks in soon, as I'd really like to gather all the possible data.
This was my main concern with going ebike....my watch would see that I'm zipping along at 20+ mph for an hour with a low HR and presume that I'm more fit than I am, but now that it can capture wattage, cadence and some other metrics like assist level and such, I can get a really good idea of my fitness, and ideally travel further for longer before getting tired.
The app is eBike within ConnectIQ for anyone else that might stumble upon this.

I ran into a bit of an issue myself last night with my HR and the Vado...but I'm also inducing some new variables with my Garmin Watch. Using the ebike, it will show me my HR on the device and/or my watch instantly, but it isn't displaying at all in the app after the fact. I realized that I will have to donate to the Dev to get these features. I'm hoping my donation kicks in soon, as I'd really like to gather all the possible data.
This was my main concern with going ebike....my watch would see that I'm zipping along at 20+ mph for an hour with a low HR and presume that I'm more fit than I am, but now that it can capture wattage, cadence and some other metrics like assist level and such, I can get a really good idea of my fitness, and ideally travel further for longer before getting tired.
The app is eBike within ConnectIQ for anyone else that might stumble upon this.
What was your own leg power (approximately) shown on your Fenix? Did you transfer the post-ride data to Strava perhaps?

What was your own leg power (approximately) shown on your Fenix? Did you transfer the post-ride data to Strava perhaps?
I didn't post to Strava, but I'll try to do that for future items. Here's a couple quick snips of my earlier ride, I monkeyed with some stuff later and lost some assist data. The first 2 images are of the same workout, the 2nd one is a longer ride, but doesn't have assist data. It is nice however that I don't have to purchase the expensive pedals, the ebike provides most of the power data itself if I'm reading it correctly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220909-114312_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-114312_Connect.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 125
  • Screenshot_20220909-114257_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-114257_Connect.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 108
  • Screenshot_20220909-113841_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220909-113841_Connect.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 117
Thank you!

Yes, it does.
Stephan, I did another ride this morning with the premium eBike Garmin app. It did a much better job of displaying all the data, watts, assist, battery level. I very much love this app.
I'm still getting used to the bike and I need to be a bit more casual in my cadence and biking (this was a quick commute to work in eco mode). It was also 50F out, so it was chilly.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220911-081204_Connect.jpg
    Screenshot_20220911-081204_Connect.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 120
Stephan, I did another ride this morning with the premium eBike Garmin app. It did a much better job of displaying all the data, watts, assist, battery level. I very much love this app.
I'm still getting used to the bike and I need to be a bit more casual in my cadence and biking (this was a quick commute to work in eco mode). It was also 50F out, so it was chilly.
I'm very happy to hear that, Alpha! Besides, I am a Wahoo man and am almost ignorant about the Garmin world!

Back