2021 Momentum Transend E+

I don't commute so I have the luxury of only riding when the weather is nice so no fenders are one of the things I like about the Momentum bikes. :)

I was trying to buy a large 2020 Transend E+ but it looks like it’s not available but they have a 2021 model available for $200 more at $2800. Does anybody know what the differences are if any? I can’t really seem to find much info on the 2021 model. Either way I’d be interested to hear from others that have the 2020 or 2021 model about what they think about it.
Hi, my wife and I both have the 2020 momentum transend e. We really like the clean look and the they ride well. I’m guessing 20+ miles is a safe range with the pedal assist on high. The only problem I’ve had is my bike doesn’t shift so well. That is it can slip gears in its higher gears and is a little noisy. My wife’s bike though shifts very smoothly. You will also need to add lights and any other accessories as it is bare bones. But it looks good

Hi, my wife and I both have the 2020 momentum transend e. We really like the clean look and the they ride well. I’m guessing 20+ miles is a safe range with the pedal assist on high. The only problem I’ve had is my bike doesn’t shift so well. That is it can slip gears in its higher gears and is a little noisy. My wife’s bike though shifts very smoothly. You will also need to add lights and any other accessories as it is bare bones. But it looks good
If you haven’t already tried adjusting the hub, please see the video below. It’s very easy to do and often needs to be done for new bikes.

Anyone find fenders that fit this bike?
Yes, i bought some 'mountain bike' fenders, wider (just) than the tires, originally intended for a 26 inch wheel, but made them fit. The front is easy, but to attach the rear one down next to the cranks i used a very long cable (zip) tie kinda looped right round the seat-tube and one of the chainstays... Works well.

They kept me nice and dry in the rain this morning (and indeed every time it rains).

I'll second @Ludrus's advice on adjusting the shifter. The shifter cable is the only cable on the bike since it uses hydraulic brakes. All cables stretch over time and periodic, minor adjustments are necessary to compensate for the cable stretch. I had to adjust mine a few times in the first few hundred miles, but I haven't needed to adjust it since.

Also, the Shimano hub doesn't like being shifted under torque and may not shift properly if you change gears while peddling. Stop peddling, wait a second and you will feel the motor's assistance cut off then shift to the desired gear and resume peddling.

Back