2020 Trek Allant+ | The Super commuter gets an upgrade and a new name

Not seeing those - can you provide a link?

https://www.trekbikes.com/gb/en_GB/bikes/electric-bikes/c/B507/

A quick internet search only comes up with the Stagger:

1566139371165.png

Am I the only one thinking the previous Super Commuters looks way better?
I feel the Allant looks like a heavy, old 80's bike, and the colors are horrible.. Only the 9.9 with mat black and red, that one is quiet nice, but the price is aswell.

I had a SC 8s on order, but Trek cancelled that last minute... Now I am forced to pick an Allant or change brands, sad day :(

Am I the only one thinking the previous Super Commuters looks way better?
I feel the Allant looks like a heavy, old 80's bike, and the colors are horrible.. Only the 9.9 with mat black and red, that one is quiet nice, but the price is aswell.

I had a SC 8s on order, but Trek cancelled that last minute... Now I am forced to pick an Allant or change brands, sad day :(

I like the looks of the new Allant+ 8S better than the older Super Commuter, and I'm fine with the color choices. At first I wanted the matte metallic gunmetal, and then the rage red. In the end I went with the matte metallic gunmetal because that was available, and I didn't want to wait until March. After about 200 miles, I am very happy with it.

As of a couple weeks ago, you could still find some new SC8+ still on offer on some sites, you might get lucky if that is what you are set on having. We had two of the SC8+‘s until one was stolen off the car rack a month ago. I had to order a new bike, and decided on the Allant 9.9S due to the new motor, bigger battery and cell phone COBI display. So we will see how it compares for ride and battery life. TBH, I just saw some Allant 8’s at the LBS yesterday, and the down tube struck me as bigger in real life than it seemed in the picture. So we will see.

Back