2020 Como 4.0 Too Easy to Pedal

2shady

Is there any way to change my bike? I set the power assist at Eco and have it in the highest gear but it's still not giving me much exercise. Is there any way for me to change it? I've tried shutting the power assist off but then it's more difficult than I want. I'd love something between the two.

You don't say what model and year bike you have, but if it is new you can download the Mission Control app on your phone and it will allow you to change assist level settings for Eco, Tour and turbo modes. There is a Mission Control manual on Specialized web site that explains how to do it.

Out of curiosity, how fast are you turning the pedals? A lot of new or inexperienced cyclists equate pushing harder as more exercise. But cycling is not so much muscular as it is aerobic. It is supposed to feel "easy," so you can ride further and ultimately faster. The only time I use the highest gear on my bike is for those 30mph blasts on flat roads (my bike is de-restricted). Otherwise I am much further up the cassette.

My pedals/cadence is pretty fast even in the highest gear using Eco pas. I'll try going into the Mission Control app an see if I can adjust the preset sett.

Is there any way to change my bike? I set the power assist at Eco and have it in the highest gear but it's still not giving me much exercise. Is there any way for me to change it? I've tried shutting the power assist off but then it's more difficult than I want. I'd love something between the two.
What are your asst level settings; Eco, Sport & Turbo?

What type of terrain are you riding? Generally flat, some hills, lots of hills, etc

What bike do you have? Creo or one w a bigger motor (ie,Vado?). I change to a lower eco setting on my Creo when I am riding with slower and non e-bikers or doing a flat ride, but if I am riding longer distances or climbing a lot of hills I am happy to have the 35% default and find I can get as much of a workout as I want

What bike do you have? Creo or one w a bigger motor (ie,Vado?). I change to a lower eco setting on my Creo when I am riding with slower and non e-bikers or doing a flat ride, but if I am riding longer distances or climbing a lot of hills I am happy to have the 35% default and find I can get as much of a workout as I want
He has the 2020 Como 4. I'd like to confirm the bike's assist settings for Eco, etc to confirm that Eco hasn't gotten bumped up too high.

Back