2020 BMC AMP Sport One Carbon Medium (SOLD)

johnotterman

Selling my carbon drop bar road bike. Purchased this year back in July. Was converted to drop bars and Sram drivetrain over Shimano. All receipts kept, conversion done by a local professional shop. This is one of the lightest road ebikes you can own. Not the most powerful, but being lightweight you can hit top speed very quickly and maintain it. I have less than 400 miles on the odometer. Bluetooth connected bike with Shimano Ride App.

All new internal routed cables, brand new chain. Still have original Sram components. Comes with Quadlock phone mount, you can have the phone case too for iPhone XS

New retail value $4299. Selling for $2800 shipped.

SPECS
  • Frame - Alpenchallenge AMP, Micro Travel Technology, Flat Mount, 12x142mm thru-axle
  • Tubing - Alpenchallenge Premium Carbon
  • Motor - Shimano STEPS E-6100 250W, 60Nm output
  • Battery - Shimano STEPS BT-E8010 504Wh
  • Fork - Alpenchallenge AMP Premium Carbon, Flat Mount, 12x100mm thru-axle
  • Gears - 1x11
  • Chain Wheel - Shimano CR-E80 spider, FSA Megatooth 44T
  • Cassette - Shimano 105, 11-34T
  • Chain - Shimano HG-601 (Brand new chain 0 miles)
  • Derailleur - SRAM GX Speed 1x11
  • Shifter - SRAM Eagle 1x11 Double tap
  • Brakes - TRP Mech
  • Handlebar - Whisky 9.2F Areo drop bar
  • Saddle - Fizik Argo
  • Pedals - Hafny HF-1300 Panther Black
  • Rims - DT Swiss R500
  • Bar Tape - Lizard Skin leather
  • Tires - Schwalbe G-ONE Race tubeless ready
  • Seatpost - Alpenchallenge AMP “D” Premium Carbon, 15mm offset
  • Weight - 33 pounds dry with battery 22lbs without battery.

IMG_5479.JPGIMG_5483.JPG

Last edited:
John,
Good to see you here!
I know you spent a lot of time researching and finally owning that superlight E-bike. Looks like you have caught the N+1 bug.
Some lucky EBR member will become an owner of that BMC. Let us know what eMTB you end up with.

@Community,

I met with John a few months ago and I did take a short spin on that bike close to his home. The bike is in TOP shape (John is an E-bike enthusiast) and is amazing to ride.
The bike weighs less than 35lbs and is a real delight to ride. May be it is the combination of high-quality carbon frame from BMC, rear micro-suspension, and the tires.. it felt quite comfortable and agile.
I can vouch for the bike and the owner.

Title says 'medium'. It's a Class 1 bike. I added a delimiter to mine, exact same bike, and it will go as fast as you can pedal it. I've gotten mine easily >30mph on the flats.

How do you like the bike, Bill?
I have found that bikes that weigh ~40lbs offer ride characteristics that are very enjoyable compared to 60+ lbs bike.

How do you like the bike, Bill?
I have found that bikes that weigh ~40lbs offer ride characteristics that are very enjoyable compared to 60+ lbs bike.

Love the bike Ravi......a lot. I set my Sport up more like the Cross by adding tubeless higher volume Vittoria tires.

I agree with your ride characteristics comment wholeheartedly. I used to be in the camp where I didn't care about weight because, hey, the motor does the work. I've come full circle for bikes like this or eMTB's and weight does matter big time.

I can see riding that bike without the battery. 25lbs is a manageable weight without the motor. Is there a cap or something to protect the contacts when the battery is removed?

Love the bike Ravi......a lot. I set my Sport up more like the Cross by adding tubeless higher volume Vittoria tires.

I agree with your ride characteristics comment wholeheartedly. I used to be in the camp where I didn't care about weight because, hey, the motor does the work. I've come full circle for bikes like this or eMTB's and weight does matter big time.

I can totally relate to your experience.
At one time back in 2016, I owned a Stromer ST2-S and a Haibike Super Race. Stromer rode very stable and had amazing range but for most trips, I always preferred the Super Race.
Most people don't realize it but once a person rides a well-designed lightweight E-bike that doesn't compromise on power, it becomes very hard to go back to 60+ lbs E-bikes.

BMC makes amazing bikes and I wish they had more speed E-bikes. Which delimiter did you purchase for your BMC?

I read lots of reviews on Speedbox and everyone is saying 30mph is done very easily without overheating the motor. I was thinking about getting one since they are only around $200. I am looking at a Turbo Lev to replace this bike. I am only selling because I do not do much road riding and miss the beaten path. This has been by far the best road bike I have ever owned.

Here is a list of what I currently have and don't.

- BULLS Evo 45S (Wifes bike)
- Felt AR Areo (non eBike)
- BH Atom X 5 (Sold)
- BH Evo Cross (Sold)
- Aventon Level (My Daily)
- Aventon Pace (Guest bike)

Update: For anyone interested I do have the original derailleur, brakes, and handlebar with grips. In case someone wanted to convert back to a flat bar.

Just a little bonus I will throw in a brand new Sena R1 Smart Helmet for who wants to own this beauty.

I'm going to speculate and guess they had the older Brose motor, not the new Yamaha drive. ;)

Last edited:
More Photos, still available for sale. MRS magnetic water bottle included. Also listed on eBay for online purchase.

Attachments

• IMG_0156.JPG
    IMG_0156.JPG
    891.5 KB · Views: 422
  • IMG_0159.JPG
    IMG_0159.JPG
    798.4 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_0160.JPG
    IMG_0160.JPG
    717.9 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_0161.JPG
    IMG_0161.JPG