2019 Juggernaut HD - First impressions

fillerupmac

After four brief (<3 miles) rides...
Build:
- Frame: I ordered the large frame, after discussion with Roshan. I am 6' 2", with 30 inch inseam. Tall, but short legs. If I raise the seat to extend my legs properly when pedaling, I'm on tippy toes when I stop.
- 26X4.8 tires - BIG tires! May be my imagination, but smoother ride, fewer bumps. Had to deflate the front wheel to install, to get past the brake.
- Gears: I count 10 gear wheels on my "9 speed" . Shifting appears to be dialed in pretty good so far. No initial adjustment needed.
- Shifter - not like the shifter on my Rover, but I like this much better - easy thumb or second finger triggers.
- Handlebar - mounted quickly, comfortable position.
- Grips - didn't expect ergonomic grips - very nice, but I also had purchased a Mirrycyle mirror that mounts in the end of the handlebar. Previously, I used a mirror that mounted on the handlebar (inbound from the grip), and my body blocks the view. I plan to try to customize the grip soon, to possibly mount the Mirrycycle mirror in the end of the handlebar.
LCD controller - I was looking forward to a color controller, but it could stand to be a little brighter! More functions than the controller on the Rover, including a CLOCK! But the text is hard to read, at least with my 70 year old eyes. Had to hunt down a manual on line for the DPC-18 controller, so I could figure out how to change from metric to Imperial (as they call it). See here (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
- Seat: Pretty hard - may not like it on a long trip. May have to get another Cloud 9!

If I did not mention something (for example: pedals) then it was pretty typical - neither good nor bad, and worked first time. Many many Kudos to the crew at Biktrix!!

Riding: Smooth, powerful, the middrive motor makes the bike handle like a dream so far. I still work in my store during the day/week, so I haven't had a chance for an extended ride yet. But I like what I've seen so far!

In summary - if I had done a couple of these, I feel you could roll this out of the box, take 15 minutes to mount the front wheel and handlebar. and happily ride off into the sunset!! What a great bike!

Here's initial photos: Click for large image
bik1.jpgBik2.jpgBik3.jpg

Al Schlafli

Very nice looking bike. If one were to paint that battery enclosure to match the frame, it would be difficult to tell it was electric at all.

- Grips - didn't expect ergonomic grips - very nice, but I also had purchased a Mirrycyle mirror that mounts in the end of the handlebar. Previously, I used a mirror that mounted on the handlebar (inbound from the grip), and my body blocks the view. I plan to try to customize the grip soon, to possibly mount the Mirrycycle mirror in the end of the handlebar.

Bike shop trick: loosen the grip's lock-on bolt. Move throttle, brake, and shift levers inboard if necessary. Strike the end of the grip with a hammer. The handlebar itself will act as a knife edge and cleanly cut a hole in the end of the grip. Reposition grips and all controls as necessary, and mount mirror in the end of the handlebar.

really strange... i just got mine last week too and mine is much different then yours. I have a black/white screen with a different controller, Different grips different kickstand, and I believe my handlebars are different too. . Arent they all supposed to be the same? Ill take some picts when I get home.

After four brief (<3 miles) rides...
Build:
- Frame: I ordered the large frame, after discussion with Roshan. I am 6' 2", with 30 inch inseam. Tall, but short legs. If I raise the seat to extend my legs properly when pedaling, I'm on tippy toes when I stop.
- 26X4.8 tires - BIG tires! May be my imagination, but smoother ride, fewer bumps. Had to deflate the front wheel to install, to get past the brake.
- Gears: I count 10 gear wheels on my "9 speed" . Shifting appears to be dialed in pretty good so far. No initial adjustment needed.
- Shifter - not like the shifter on my Rover, but I like this much better - easy thumb or second finger triggers.
- Handlebar - mounted quickly, comfortable position.
LCD controller - I was looking forward to a color controller, but it could stand to be a little brighter! More functions than the controller on the Rover, including a CLOCK! But the text is hard to read, at least with my 70 year old eyes. Had to hunt down a manual on line for the DPC-18 controller, so I could figure out how to change from metric to Imperial (as they call it). See here (Link Removed - No Longer Exists)
- Seat: Pretty hard - may not like it on a long trip. May have to get another Cloud 9!

If I did not mention something (for example: pedals) then it was pretty typical - neither good nor bad, and worked first time. Many many Kudos to the crew at Biktrix!!

Riding: Smooth, powerful, the middrive motor makes the bike handle like a dream so far. I still work in my store during the day/week, so I haven't had a chance for an extended ride yet. But I like what I've seen so far!

In summary - if I had done a couple of these, I feel you could roll this out of the box, take 15 minutes to mount the front wheel and handlebar. and happily ride off into the sunset!! What a great bike!

Here's initial photos: Click for large image
View attachment 25179View attachment 25180View attachment 25181

Al Schlafli

Very nice looking bike, good luck with it.

Nice bike, just had a comment about you touching the ground when you stop. I copied a item from the Sheldon Brown site below. It may not apply to you because the shorter legs (everyone is a little different) but thought I would share for others. I raised my seat up recently and believe it has helped me feel more comfortable. I do need to step off seat at stops.

Height
The most basic saddle adjustment is the height. Most bicyclists have their saddles too low, so that their knees are excessively bent as they pedal. This makes cycling much more tiring for a given speed, and is likely to cause harm to the knees.
A common reason for keeping the saddle set too low is that most bicyclists have never learned the proper technique for mounting and dismounting, so they find it convenient to be able to put a foot -- or both feet -- down to steady the bicycle while they are stopped. With older bicycles, it was sometimes possible to put a toe down at a stop with the saddle properly adjusted, especially for riders with large feet. Due to the higher bottom brackets common on newer bicycles, especially mountain bikes, it is no longer possible to do this. If you ride a mountain bike, and are able to balance it while stopped and seated, it is a sure sign that your saddle is too low. This is also true of most hybrids.

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html

Nice bike, just had a comment about you touching the ground when you stop. I copied a item from the Sheldon Brown site below. It may not apply to you because the shorter legs (everyone is a little different) but thought I would share for others. I raised my seat up recently and believe it has helped me feel more comfortable. I do need to step off seat at stops.

Height
The most basic saddle adjustment is the height. Most bicyclists have their saddles too low, so that their knees are excessively bent as they pedal. This makes cycling much more tiring for a given speed, and is likely to cause harm to the knees.
A common reason for keeping the saddle set too low is that most bicyclists have never learned the proper technique for mounting and dismounting, so they find it convenient to be able to put a foot -- or both feet -- down to steady the bicycle while they are stopped. With older bicycles, it was sometimes possible to put a toe down at a stop with the saddle properly adjusted, especially for riders with large feet. Due to the higher bottom brackets common on newer bicycles, especially mountain bikes, it is no longer possible to do this. If you ride a mountain bike, and are able to balance it while stopped and seated, it is a sure sign that your saddle is too low. This is also true of most hybrids.

https://www.sheldonbrown.com/saddles.html
Thanks for the info calicoskies, I can use it also but I think you wanted to direct it to "fillerupmac", though maybe he got it also (or will see it).

really strange... i just got mine last week too and mine is much different then yours. I have a black/white screen with a different controller, Different grips different kickstand, and I believe my handlebars are different too. . Arent they all supposed to be the same? Ill take some picts when I get home.
you have one from an earlier batch.

Back