2016 Haibike Xduro Allmtn RX

miraj

@Crazy Lenny Ebikes got me a great deal on a 2016 Haibike Xduro Allmtn RX. It's hardcore to say the least. I'll throw up some various pics. Just took it for a 10pm ride around the block. Haven't been off road with it yet. I can't wait. The Bosch system is so smooth and responsive. I tried out a Easy Motion Jumper, but the hub motor disappointing for me. Not as responsive when I stopped pedaling and it was confusing with the hub motor running while I'm shifting through 30 gears. My aging mind couldn't keep up. Give me 11 gears and lightning pedal response any day

IMG_3285.JPG

IMG_3329.JPG

IMG_3323.JPG

1 x 11!
IMG_3321.JPG

Fins
IMG_3322.JPG

IMG_3328.JPG

27.5 x 2.35 beefcakes - Rock Razors on rear; Hans Dampf front
IMG_3326.JPG

150mm of travel front and rear
IMG_3325.JPG

The best part is that I'll never be able to ride this bike to it's limit. It would be great if I could ride like @EddieJ someday!

I'll post more as I go.

Mike

Certainly looks stunning. :)

One handy hint. Keep a vigilant check on tightness of the rear suspension linkage bolts. A highly reported issue over here in Europe, is that the bolts have quite a tendency to work their way loose.

Many have moaned about it, but I personally don't see what the issue is. It's just the same as any other bike component if left neglected and not checked, a problem will arise. All bikes require regular maintenance checks, and I suspect that you won't be neglecting your duty in respect of that. :)

Last edited:
Tha
Certainly looks stunning. :)

One handy hint. Keep a vigilant check on tightness of the rear suspension linkage bolts. A highly reported issue over here in Europe, is that the bolts have quite a tendency to work their way loose.

Many have moaned about it, but I personally don't see what the issue is. It's just the same as any other bike component if left neglected and not checked, a problem will arise. All bikes require regular maintenance checks, and I suspect that you won't be neglected your duty in respect of that. :)

Thanks for the tip @EddieJ!

Anyone else have any tips or quirks related to Haibikes in general?

I did notice that the chain and gears don't ride as smoothly as if they were on a regular front derailleur. With the 11 rings in back, the S.E.S. really needs to cross a lot of gears to reach the big ring, making it a little clunky.
Or maybe my adjustments are wrong?

Mike

The tuning on the rear derailleur might need some tweak, particularly if it was shipped and not professionally assembled post-shipping to you. How quickly/smoothly does the bike run through the 11 speeds on the rear? If the center line of the front sprocket was designed properly by Haibike, it should be smooth and feel smooth when just rotating and not shifting.

Might want to take note, and watch a quick Youtube video on fine adjusting a rear derailleur. I bet a few 1/4 rotations of the barrel near the derailleur will set things right. You could also take the bike the a LBS. Again, assuming Lenny shipped it to you.

When I get mine, I'll run through everything and attempt to tune it, make sure headset if perfectly tight, etc.. If it still doesn't feel like a new bike out of a shop, I'll take it to a LBS. I'm not sure what a shipped bike really requires out of the box, but I would not assume the shifting is spot on. Josh at Crazy Lenny's told me I'd have to assemble and adjust a few things. Didn't get details yet.

A bike from the box really is almost ready to go - but what needs to be done to get it road ready can just as much be related to the packing and setup crew at the factory. Typically, only the headset/handlebars and pedals actually need to be added. I would guess that setup at the factory has as much to do with the quality of the manufacturer as anything else. My radrover was not very well packaged for instance, but my new evo snow awd was extremely well packaged. In the end both set up well and quite easily though.

Aside from the required items, wheels could potentially need truing, spokes adjusted, gear ranges tweaked among other things. Youtube can definitely help out for a couple of those items, while something like wheel truing and setup are a completely different ball game!

These bikes come almost ready to ride.
Apart from the front wheel and handlebar mounting, very minor derailleur adjustment may be necessary.
Also, from my experience with mid-drives, they are slightly more noisier than hub drives and because of all the forces acting on the chain, shifting may be tiny bit 'clunkier' but you get used to it.
Just ease off the pedals for fraction of a second before shifting.

Ravi,

Thanks! How do you post a pic from dropbox? Insert link or image?

Nice..!
You can use the image icon next to the emoticon in the formatting bar and insert an image.
Now, all you need is an image of a perfectly cleaned bike next to those... that would make make it pretty close to EddieJ's impression :p

Brilliant, a muddy bike. :)

I was beginning to feel all alone. ;)

Seeing your bike and the fact that you are using it muddy conditions, it would be prudent to ask the dealer if the motor has the main bearing seal modification fitted. If it hasn't, then I would strongly advise that you have one fitted, or fit it yourself if logistics make going to the shop difficult. This is what it looks like https://www.e-bikeshop.co.uk/eBike-Spare-Parts/Bosch-eBike-Motor-Bearing-Seal

As an extra, over and above fitting the seal, I also pack a water proof grease around the whole area.

I'd also advise that when washing the bike down, that you clean the sprocket area by hand, not with a hose. It's more of a precautionary measure than anything else, but worth taking note of. :)

Glad that you are enjoying the bike, keep up the good work. :)

I've actually now had enough of the wet muddy conditions over here. I went out two nights ago, and for the first time ever, returned depressed and fed up. It has probably now been nearly five months of wet horrid weather, and it has finally worn me down.

edit... I realise that you have already seen the following about cleaning, but I'll refresh your memory about it anyway. http://electricbikereview.com/commu...ch-motor-exposed-to-elements.3541/#post-41723

Last edited:
Eddie,

Thanks so much for the info. Being a 2016, do you think Bosch already has the main bearing seal mod on it? Or is this above and beyond what comes from the factory? I took a quick peek, but looks like I'll have to take at least the sprocket off to take a peek. Thanks for the waterproof grease idea, and I'll be careful washing around the motor.

Mike

Miraj, I have the same bike as you. The manual says that I can just hose it off to clean it. Which I do after every ride because it's been raining a lot here in Northern California in my bike gets pretty messy. No problems so far.

I have this exact bike and LOVE it! I was on vacation in Las Vegas when I walked into Viva Ebikes and saw the bad boy sitting there. I recalled all the rave reviews Court has given to Haibike so I took it for a test ride and the next thing I knew I was pulling out the credit card. The very first ride I went on was a 20 mile single track at Blue Diamond just outside of Vegas and the next day a full tour of Redrock Canyon. The Haibike is unique in its torque sensing ability and really is the only ebike I've ridden that lets me choose one assist setting for an entire ride.
Since returning home to Montana, the mountains are still full of snow so I've been just riding around town. I'll be looking to get up in the mountains once the snow melts and even be posting some YouTube videos of the rides!

Bought one of these on Wednesday last week from Nathan at Adrenaline ebike Centre based near Birmingham M6/M42 here in the UK. They're exclusively Haibike (nice touch) and as I was 99% decided on the brand I really wanted to support a dealer who'd made such a commitment. From the first call it was clear he was a true enthusiast not just of the brand but the whole ebike scene, 2 wheel riding and having fun. Booked an appointment to see him and in an unpressured 1 on 1 environment surrounded by plenty of gear I got everything answered I'd come armed with all at my own pace. So impressed I also got one for the missus (AllMtn RC/yamaha) the same day. Dealer moved heaven and earth to get the bikes in and set up ready to collect 2 days later. We've just spent the weekend in very changeable conditions having a ball around tracks and trails in the Shropshire Hills.

First impressions? The bikes are incredible. The RX is absolutely rock solid, not a whisper of chassis/wheel/fork twist I notice on other large framed bikes. Was suprised that weight when riding wasn't too much of a dissapointment as it isnt light, but that comes with the territory. Going up ugly boggy tracks, trails and roads has never been such fun (with a decent workout thrown in). Gear changes are super slick and the bosch motor dips output to help decrease wear on the drivetrain, very neat. I may change the bars to get a little extra lift and open up the cockpit a touch as at 6'4" and with an upper back injury I'm after as much comfort as possible.

Too early to give any mid term impressions as I'm still in honeymoon mode but as a capable all rounder so far I'm very happy with the RX. Most importantly the additional biking I'm going to be doing as a result of simply being able to 'do more' despite injury and unfit.

Shoot any questions you might have and I'll do my best to answer and if you're on the fence get in touch with Nathan at Adrenaline.

Jay.

Back