2016 evo 27.5

billmanocchio

Just purchased the evo 27.5.Tookit out today for a 20mile ride mostly in sport mode about 70 percent power throwing in a little boost mode used 21 percent of battery.This is the one with 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery all i can say is great bike The only complaint was the sadle upgraded that great ride great bike.

BH were wise to launch the US Evos with the Euro Nitro specs (500W 48V), but with a 20mph limit.

I've coveted the US spec bikes for a year now, and even though you get less variety in models, their speed, power and price is enviable compared to the Euro originals, which have to conform to much stricter laws, and are subject to high sales taxes.

So, appreciate what you have, and have fun!

did they actually put a 20mph limit with pedal assist? I know historically their bikes have run up above 25mph with pedaling (my former neo xtrem got up to 26 or 27 before cutting and my evo snow awd has gotten to about 23-24 so far, but has a smaller front crank - no motor cutout at that speed).

Just purchased the evo 27.5.Tookit out today for a 20mile ride mostly in sport mode about 70 percent power throwing in a little boost mode used 21 percent of battery.This is the one with 500 watt motor and 48 volt battery all i can say is great bike The only complaint was the sadle upgraded that great ride great bike.

Nice.
I heard that they tweaked the controller to get maximum efficiency. 20 miles consuming only 21% is very impressive.

did they actually put a 20mph limit with pedal assist? I know historically their bikes have run up above 25mph with pedaling (my former neo xtrem got up to 26 or 27 before cutting and my evo snow awd has gotten to about 23-24 so far, but has a smaller front crank - no motor cutout at that speed).

The Nitro limit of 45km/h is 27mph, so I suppose they could just be selling Evos with Nitro electrics now, but that would make them Speed pedelecs. Previously the 350W motors probably just couldnt go faster than 25mph with hard pedaling due to wind resistance.

The Euro Nitros will only go 12,5mph with the throttle, which makes it rather useless.

In any case, I wish BH would add configurable speed profiles.

Thanks for posting this, glad to hear the review! If the shipping comes on schedule I'll have mine for the weekend, and I'm grateful for any details until then. Happy trails! :)

Back