2015 Haibike XDuro Race (not Superrace)

MarcD

I was just on CurrieTech's site and lo-and-behold, the Haibike XDURO Race. A drop bar e-bike (finally!). The specs look to be great - Ultegra 6800 mech. Some of the specs seem off - I doubt the rims are 26" Fatbike, and the crank is listed as The Hive, which is generally a mountain crank. Maybe a web designer got a little cut and paste happy ;).

Availability is not yet listed. I am very interested and excited. Maybe Larry & Co. can comment if they get a moment.

I just checked this bike out at Eurobike last week and it sure is sharp. It will have the same wheels as the Super Race, but I'm not sure on the crank. I may have pics, which should be uploaded to a public album soon.

This bike along with most of the 2015 Haibike's should be available early next year. They're still working out the details on a production schedule. We're getting a couple of Super Races in another month or so, but this one is a ways out. I'm looking to get a Super Race for myself to ride for a while. I'm a big fan and I've been drooling over it for a while.

These bikes should arrive with the first shipment of 2015 bikes Jan/Feb of next year. We will be getting a couple of Super Races with the flat bar, although most of them are spoken for already. If you are interested in this bike I would highly recommend putting a pre-order given my past experience.

I was just on CurrieTech's site and lo-and-behold, the Haibike XDURO Race. A drop bar e-bike (finally!). The specs look to be great - Ultegra 6800 mech. Some of the specs seem off - I doubt the rims are 26" Fatbike, and the crank is listed as The Hive, which is generally a mountain crank. Maybe a web designer got a little cut and paste happy ;).

Availability is not yet listed. I am very interested and excited. Maybe Larry & Co. can comment if they get a moment.
Sorry for the slow reply. We should see first shipments arrive in February on all the new models.

Hello Larry ,
I own a 10 speed DI2 Trek and enjoy ridding the country roads located near Englishtown/Monroe New-Jersey. Getting older but looking to continue to ride 10 speed bikes . Back in March/2015, I traveled downtown New York to look at the stromer bike . Love the bike but I'm looking at the haibike xduro race 28 (Drop-Bars) Because it's a 11 speed bike with 700c tire/rims . I'm reading allot of different stats on the battery only 25 to 35 miles . lets be honest about the range given that we have four different settings for battery mode. What is the range based on most likely condition ..? Can you ride the bike in rain conditions..? How often do you have to perform maintenance On the motor and where is the water-bottle Mount ...? ??? . Also, can the front detailer be replace for larger ones. Thanks for your comments ,

John Slade
[email protected]

Hey John,

I figured I would chime in as I'm probably the closest dealer to you with one of these actually in stock. We have both the Race and Superrace available for test rides here in Brooklyn. Regaring your questions, the range is dependent on many different factors including speed, assist level, riding conditions and rider weight. I often ride a Superrace personally and I've ridden 20 miles where I only lost two bars of battery where I've also ridden approximately 5 miles using similar battery. For most all you really need is Eco and occasionally bump it up from there. If you ride like this at a conservative speed you will see well over 35 miles. I believe Bosch has a chart on their website giving the range of their speed motor, but I'm typing from my phone right now otherwise I would post it.

You can definitely ride in wet conditions, as all of the electric components are sealed. The motor doesn't really require maintenance as it is a sealed unit. There isn't a traditional water bottle holder so we always find creative ways of mounting. On this bike I might look to something behind the saddle.

The front chainring is one of the larger sizes so I don't believe you'll need to change that. Keep in mind it rotates 2.5 times for every pedal revolution. You may hear of some people swapping them, but it's actually against the Bosch warranty since it could have negative effects on the performance of the bike by throwing the sensors off if the ratios are not maintained.

Feel free to reach out if I can assist further or if you want to come by to test it out.

Best,
Chris

Hey John,

I figured I would chime in as I'm probably the closest dealer to you with one of these actually in stock. We have both the Race and Superrace available for test rides here in Brooklyn. Regaring your questions, the range is dependent on many different factors including speed, assist level, riding conditions and rider weight. I often ride a Superrace personally and I've ridden 20 miles where I only lost two bars of battery where I've also ridden approximately 5 miles using similar battery. For most all you really need is Eco and occasionally bump it up from there. If you ride like this at a conservative speed you will see well over 35 miles. I believe Bosch has a chart on their website giving the range of their speed motor, but I'm typing from my phone right now otherwise I would post it.

You can definitely ride in wet conditions, as all of the electric components are sealed. The motor doesn't really require maintenance as it is a sealed unit. There isn't a traditional water bottle holder so we always find creative ways of mounting. On this bike I might look to something behind the saddle.

The front chainring is one of the larger sizes so I don't believe you'll need to change that. Keep in mind it rotates 2.5 times for every pedal revolution. You may hear of some people swapping them, but it's actually against the Bosch warranty since it could have negative effects on the performance of the bike by throwing the sensors off if the ratios are not maintained.

Feel free to reach out if I can assist further or if you want to come by to test it out.

Best,
Chris

Hello Chris ..I need your conatct number to test ride ASAP...

Hello guys ,
Well I don' t have any words left to tell how the xduro race 28 is for the hard-core performance riders. I stop by Chris shop in down town Brooklyn across the Navy yard . First of all, the staff including Chris was outstanding service and allot of bikes to choose from . I never meant a guy that is so considerate that he offer a public bench in front of the store. The bench is for the public to sit while waiting for city-public-bus . Anyway this bike is the most performance bike that gave me chills the entire time ridding this bike . I don't have any negative words about the Xduro-race-28 (2015) . The bike is on the money ...! I test rode the bike for almost 4 miles and didn't want to get off . The battery had a 98 % charge after ridding in Eco-mode with approx 56 miles left to complete. If I knew my way around Brooklyn well ...! That puppy would be empty. Guys , if your looking for a performance bike on a 10 speed frame well......! It's worth dumping your girlfriend and replace her with this purchase ...! ( joking) . The bike will give outstanding results more perhaps then the stromer if your looking to ride a 10 speed frame with 700 rims . Don't forget the stromer st2 has 26 inch rims ...! Apple and oranges .....! By the way , after ridding the xduro, I Took one last look before bringing it into the store . There was a nice couple walking by Chris store- front and they notice the xduro. The female started asking positive questions about the bike and she mention that she never saw such a beautiful bike like this before . She spent about 10 min just viewing the bike wishing that she knew how to ride a 10 speed bike with drop-bars. The tail light on this bike is something you will see on a BMW (M6) or James Bond sports car. Oh yea, Chris was nice enough to offer me a cold/bottled water after the intense 27 MPH ( only in 5th gear) on a very sunny nice day.
John e Slade jr
[email protected]
908-812-8983

Last edited:
Hello guys ,
Well I don' t have any words left to tell how the xduro race 28 is for the hard-core performance riders. I stop by Chris shop in down town Brooklyn across the Navy yard . First of all, the staff including Chris was outstanding service and allot of bikes to choice from . I never meant a guy that is so considerate that he offer a public bench in front of the store. The bench is for the public to sit while waiting for city-public-bus . Anyway this bike is the most performance bike that gave me chills the entire time ridding this bike . I don't have any negative words about the Xduro-race-28 (2015) . The bike is on the money ...! I test rode the bike for almost 4 miles and didn't want to get off the bike . The battery had a 98 % charge after ridding in Eco-mode with approx 56 miles left to complet . If I new my way around Brooklyn well ...! That puppy would be empty. Guys , if your looking for a performance bike on a 10 speed frame well......! It's worth dumping your girlfriend and replace her with this purchase ...! ( joking) . The bike will give outstanding results more perhaps then the stromer if your looking to ride a 10 speed frame with 700 rims . Don't forget the stromer st2 has 26 inch rims ...! Apple and oranges .....! By the way , after ridding the xduro, I Took one last look before bringing it into the store . There where a nice couple walking by Chris store front and they notice the xduro and the female started asking positive questions about the bike and she mention that she never saw such a beautiful bike like this before . She spent about 10 min just starring at the bike wishing that she new how to ride a 10 speed bike with drop-bars. The tail light on this bike is something you will see on a BMW (M6) or James Bond sports car. Oh yea, Chris was nice enough to offer me a cold/bottled water after the intense 27 MPH ( only in 5 gear) on a very sunny nice day.
John e Slade jr
[email protected]
908-812-8983

Nice report, John. Made me want to go out and hop on my (slower) e-bike and ride like the wind! ;)

Hello guys ,
Well I don' t have any words left to tell how the xduro race 28 is for the hard-core performance riders. I stop by Chris shop in down town Brooklyn across the Navy yard . First of all, the staff including Chris was outstanding service and allot of bikes to choose from . I never meant a guy that is so considerate that he offer a public bench in front of the store. The bench is for the public to sit while waiting for city-public-bus . Anyway this bike is the most performance bike that gave me chills the entire time ridding this bike . I don't have any negative words about the Xduro-race-28 (2015) . The bike is on the money ...! I test rode the bike for almost 4 miles and didn't want to get off . The battery had a 98 % charge after ridding in Eco-mode with approx 56 miles left to complete. If I knew my way around Brooklyn well ...! That puppy would be empty. Guys , if your looking for a performance bike on a 10 speed frame well......! It's worth dumping your girlfriend and replace her with this purchase ...! ( joking) . The bike will give outstanding results more perhaps then the stromer if your looking to ride a 10 speed frame with 700 rims . Don't forget the stromer st2 has 26 inch rims ...! Apple and oranges .....! By the way , after ridding the xduro, I Took one last look before bringing it into the store . There was a nice couple walking by Chris store- front and they notice the xduro. The female started asking positive questions about the bike and she mention that she never saw such a beautiful bike like this before . She spent about 10 min just viewing the bike wishing that she knew how to ride a 10 speed bike with drop-bars. The tail light on this bike is something you will see on a BMW (M6) or James Bond sports car. Oh yea, Chris was nice enough to offer me a cold/bottled water after the intense 27 MPH ( only in 5th gear) on a very sunny nice day.
John e Slade jr
[email protected]
908-812-8983
So did you buy the bike? That's the true test!

Seems pretty incredible, are you light, on a flat course, with low winds to achieve this?

Narrow street tires also help. ( no suspension on that bike).
I believe 110 mile is guess-o-meter estimate on the Intuvia. If a non-pro guy can prove that he can travel 110 miles at 19+ mph, I will surrender my ST2 right away and get a Super Race ;)

Back