2014 Stromer ST1 Platinum

YTOUY

I liked commuting to work by bike, and did at most 2 round trips per week (15 miles each way). That took a lot of effort even on a nice light road bike. I test rode a Haibike at a bike expo and knew I needed to look into ebikes as a viable option for increasing the number of rides to work.
I went to Small Planet Ebikes in Longmont, CO and test rode 7 of the bikes they had in stock at the time, and narrowed it down to the ST1 Platinum. It was definitely more than I wanted to spend. After more than 4 years of trouble free riding, not counting flats on the rear tire, and still on the original Schwalbe Big Ben with more than 4,000 miles, I can say that it was a good investment. The rig is sturdy, well built, and looks like a normal bike.

I bought my 2013 ST1 Platinum on the 4th of July back in 2013 and it still rides like new. I did replace the battery a few years back, but otherwise it’s a very reliable bike. A friend of mine finally bought one too, but he got is on sale as a left overmodel and saved some money on his.

I liked commuting to work by bike, and did at most 2 round trips per week (15 miles each way). That took a lot of effort even on a nice light road bike. I test rode a Haibike at a bike expo and knew I needed to look into ebikes as a viable option for increasing the number of rides to work.
I went to Small Planet Ebikes in Longmont, CO and test rode 7 of the bikes they had in stock at the time, and narrowed it down to the ST1 Platinum. It was definitely more than I wanted to spend. After more than 4 years of trouble free riding, not counting flats on the rear tire, and still on the original Schwalbe Big Ben with more than 4,000 miles, I can say that it was a good investment. The rig is sturdy, well built, and looks like a normal bike.
While i like the Stromers as well and currently on stand by for an upcoming carbon release edition i must correct you that they definetly don’t look like a normal bike.
Take any of the ebike tubes, they are 3x-4x or 5x beefier in case of the downtube, then there is the rear hub and the 60lb weight.
But yea most drivers will assume is a bicycle ?, the joke is on them when you pull up from red light faster then most of the cars..

Second the opinion/experience ! Did you find ANY accessories that you'd recommend? For instance, I've looked for front rack panniers to no avail... Make any spec adjustments ; ie sprocket type/size? Any info appreciated! Thanks!

Second the opinion/experience ! Did you find ANY accessories that you'd recommend? For instance, I've looked for front rack panniers to no avail... Make any spec adjustments ; ie sprocket type/size? Any info appreciated! Thanks!

The LBS installed fenders and a Topeak rear rack for me. I can not say I've looked for a front rack, so I do not have an opinion on this. The rear rack works well for the Ortlieb panniers and a rack bag. I recently installed the Kinekt Body float seat post and the Baramind Trek handlebar to soften the ride. I replaced my clipless pedals with bright red Raceface Chester platform pedals. For my commute, I have LED lights in front and back of the bike.

Back