2014 Easy Motion Neo Jumper 650B

Ravi Kempaiah

Region
Canada
City
Halifax
Hi Guys,

I am eagerly expecting my Neo Jumper 650B to arrive from Spain. I am told, I am one of the very early customers who bought the Neo Jumper 650B with 12Ah battery and 27.5" tires.

You know one of those feelings when you were a child and eagerly expecting some exciting news about a toy or a gift, I am waiting just like that :D

The shipment from Spain was delayed by 2 weeks due to terrible cold weather near US coastal region but the expected delivery date for my Neo Jumper 650B is February 10th.
May be I will celebrate my valentine's day with my new bike :D
I will certainly update here with more pictures/videos in the month of February.

here how it is supposed to look like in sexy black/red combination!! and I am seduced already... can't wait to ride her.... :D hehehe

en664.jpg

Ravi, that is one good looking Bike! If it rides half as good as it looks you will be very happy. Very interested in getting your feedback and review, goodluck!

Indeed! Having owned the 26" 2013 version of the Neo Jumper I think you'll be very pleased. Considering the higher top speeds and increased ride time that ebikes tend to engender, full suspension is very useful. This bike looks great and I'm bummed to hear it got held up Ravi but I can't wait to hear about your experiences (or see them... YouTube?!)

This is my formal request for some off road footage :D

Thanks Dave. I plan to make a picture series right from the time of unboxing to fully assembled stage. I have read so much about these bikes that may be my brain is wired to like this bike already. Nevertheless, it is a great feeling to enjoy this fine piece of engineering.

Hi Court,
Thank you. I am planning to upload series of videos of trails nearby and bike path from College Park, MD (where I live) to Washington D.C.
Whenever I am on sites like this, sometimes it bothers me that I am only consuming data and not contributing enough. So, here will be my chance to contribute to the community.
Ebikes are truly an excellent choice for city dwellers. Parking in D.C is a SOB and many people from biking community would find these kinds of bikes interesting.

Will update you all in February.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

I am eagerly expecting my Neo Jumper 650B to arrive from Spain. I am told, I am one of the very early customers who bought the Neo Jumper 650B with 12Ah battery and 27.5" tires.

You know one of those feelings when you were a child and eagerly expecting some exciting news about a toy or a gift, I am waiting just like that :D

The shipment from Spain was delayed by 2 weeks due to terrible cold weather near US coastal region but the expected delivery date for my Neo Jumper 650B is February 10th.
May be I will celebrate my valentine's day with my new bike :D
I will certainly update here with more pictures/videos in the month of February.

here how it is supposed to look like in sexy black/red combination!! and I am seduced already... can't wait to ride her.... :D hehehe
View attachment 31 View attachment 31

Hi Ravi,

That's a really nice looking bike. I was looking at some Neos. Like to spend a bit less than that model. I do notice the upgraded battery is not in the stock at the closest dealer. I think that bigger battery is the way to go. But maybe that explains why it had to come from Spain.

Sorry you won't have it for another week. Like to know how it is working out for you, when you get it. Should be able to handle some rough roads, but maybe a good ride on real roads as well.

George

Hi Ravi,

Did you get your bike yet? I found a couple of dealers that are giving good discounts on 2013 models, and I'll be attending a bike show in Seattle at the end of the month to try out the Neo Jumper. One dealer told me that the 12Ah battery will be available (and will fit) on the 2013 bike. Not sure if that's the case or not but I think I'd still be ok with 350 watts and a 36V / 9Ah battery.

Anyway, congrats on your new bike. It looks awesome!

Dave

Hey oilerlord, I was just chatting with a BH rep today who confirmed that all Neo battery packs are interchangeable and compatible with the new 2014 model that offers 12 amp hours instead of 9. That said, I owned the 2013 Neo Jumper with stock 36v 9ah pack and never ran out. The display makes it very easy to monitor remaining capacity and adjust pedal assist settings accordingly. Now, the 2014 computer system has been tweaked a bit so the lowest "eco mode" doesn't offer as much assistance. This is meant to feel smoother but will also extend range in that mode.

Here's the official rundown of what each of the four pedal assist modes offer on the Neo bikes from Easy Motion. Note that this was taken directly from their official website technology page here and I'm not sure if it reflects the decreased eco power settings for 2014 models.

easy-motion-electric-bike-pedal-assist-modes.jpg

So as I understand it Eco offers 70%, Standard offers 140%, Sport offers 200% and Boost offers 300% of the the rider's input power using the torque sensors located in the rear hub.

Hi Dave,
The jumper is set to arrive at my apartment sometime today. It's out for delivery on a UPS vehicle.

Since you live in Canada(me lived there for two years :)), be sure to check the federal regulations because I know many of these bikes are electronically limited to 250W of power and no throttle, unlike US bikes. Also things like PST, warranty could be tricky if you purchase your vehicle in US and user it in Canada.

Also, the 2013 jumper comes in white color and the 2014 in black/red combination. Just check with Joe Marcoux, the Canadian rep for easy motion. May be they are going to offer 12ah battery in white.

Seattle electric bikes are going to participate in the expo and they have some 2012 models in stock that they want to get rid of. I know the owner Stefan is also a dealer for Ohm bikes. Since Ohm is based out of Vancouver, you might want to look into that. The models like XS 750, XS 600 are very good. They were offering these bikes (2013 models) for a little over $3K.

I'll update the thread once I assemble my bike today evening.

Thanks for the info, Ravi. The guys at Evobikes have some 2013's in stock for a good deal. I spoke with another dealer that said that Easy Motion will also be making the 12Ah battery available for models prior to 2014, but I haven't confirmed that yet. I also read that the 350w motor is actually the same one that goes into a 750w Pedego model - the only difference being that it's governed to 350w. If there was a way to modify the software / firmware for the bike to allow say...500w or so - then the bigger battery would certainly be useful. If there is a restriction to 250w, it would make sense that they could also bump the power above 350w through software.

Evobikes also told me that if I bought this bike in the USA, it wouldn't have a warranty in Canada. That isn't a big deal for me since we go to Seattle quite often, and I don't have a local service dealer anyway. That said, I would rather support the Canadian economy as long as prices are relatively close.

Can't wait to start riding some bikes! Spring can't arrive soon enough for us. It's been a brutal winter.

Well,
After two months of wait, here it is.
I noticed my bike waiting for me :)
Very happy and relieved!! Hoping to assemble it today evening ....

PS: Notice that even this bike is assembled in China.

easy-motion-electric-bike-box.jpg easy-motion-ebike-package.jpg

Last edited:
A lot of what we buy today is either made or assembled in China...that's probably the biggest reason you were able to get such a great bike delivered to your door for under $3,000. Optibike is offering their "affordable" $2795 Pioneer Allroad model which is also made in China.

A lot of what we buy today is either made or assembled in China...that's probably the biggest reason you were able to get such a great bike delivered to your door for under $3,000. Optibike is offering their "affordable" $2795 Pioneer Allroad model which is also made in China.

I am completely aware of this fact. Except the design (done by BH), everything else is pretty much assembled in China. Optibike has huge markups on that bike. I still have $500 coupon for that bike (I can share with you) but the $1K coupon I had, has expired.

Well, coming back to Neo Jumper 650B. I still think it is one of the best looking/performing ebike out there.
I will post my assembly and first ride impressions soon.

Yeah, I have a $500 coupon for the Allroad too. I think there are big profit margins over at Optibike but their affluent demographic doesn't seem to mind. Their customer service does seem good, but it should be considering the price they charge for their bikes. Even at $2295, the Allroad is nowhere near the bike that the Jumper is. I was considering a demo Opti M7 bike but I can't get over how much noise comes out of their MBB's. You can hear these bikes coming from far away - the noise screams "I'm on an e-bike!". That's something I want to avoid.

Its funny you mention this.
Couple of weeks back, Kepler on Endless-sphere (a fantastic guy) was mentioning the same thing. He sold his hot rodded Bomber to get a Jumper . One day on the way back to home from work he noticed an Optibike. So, this guy started chatting with Optibike rider and couldn't digest the loudness of MBB's noise while going uphill.

http://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=57144

Last edited:
I've read a lot of Kepler's posts on ES. He is a great guy. What a 180 turn he did going from a Bomber to a Jumper. Since I almost bought a Bomber myself, I suppose I did the same thing. The Bomber is the Harley-Davidson cruiser of e-bikes. I couldn't see myself getting a much exercise on a 120lb Bomber but wow is that power hypnotic. I'm a 190lb guy and my goal is go be under 180 by the end of the summer.

Here's a video that pretty much made up my mind regarding Optibikes - a couple riding an R8 and an R11. I couldn't see spending upwards of $12,000 and having to deal with that WHAAAAARRRRRR noise on a daily basis. The fact my wife would tell me how loud her bike was every time we went out on a ride is reason alone to look at other options.

It's almost unbelievable that in all of these years, Optibike hasn't addressed this issue.

Holy..!!
May be its just my headphones or not but the noise was VERY noticeable.
I am very satisfied with my bike choice and hopefully can be a video review once the weather is warmer.

Congratulations on the purchase Ravi. :)

Oddly I have been planning and wondering just how slowly that I shall un box the Haibike when it arrives. Annoyingly the company haven't supplied tracking details. :(

Thanks Eddie, :)
I hope I can put my bike to good use, just the way you are using your Xtrem.

Today is a very happy moment in my life. :)
6 months of arduous research and waiting (2 months) has culminated in me riding this black beauty.

Assembly:

The bikes arrived a very safe package and I took it to the campus bike shop to assemble and make sure I don't screw up.
It took me close to 2 hours to assemble because I missed the adapter that goes on the front disc brake and couldn't figure out how to piece it together. At one point I was paranoid that I screwed up the threading by over tightening it but once I found the adapter that holds the caliper to the frame, it was easy. Everything went well. :)

Ride characteristics:

I will post a detailed write up on the riding characteristics and capability but this evening, I took a 6 mile test ride and was thoroughly impressed. It was very wet as snow started melting but in spite of the wet condition, the ride was super comfy.
It's like a bike version of BMW 4x4 and it reminded me of my favorite TV show "Street Hawk" :) haha

The bike just sails over everything. I felt very comfortable riding the bike because the bike does not know what hills are and when you ride this thing, you forget that road has bumps, rocks, curbs, the bike just goes. For simple commute, all suspension MTB is an overkill but I plan to go on trails near D.C this weekend and I am very excited.

Electronics seem much more refined than 2013 model. Eco mode = light push behind your back and ideal for getting good exercise.
The other three modes "Standard, Sport and Boost" are very strong. The last one "Boost" makes you feel like you are Mike Tyson in a boxing ring. The motor does not come on/off quickly as explained by Turbo Bob. It's very smooth. Almost like a stromer but not as whisper quiet.

This is how I feel riding this bike:

Name
I have named her "Kundalini", which in Yoga means the primordial life force within us.
This weekend, I plan to go to Lincoln Memorial and take the blessings of Lord Lincoln. I hope his spirit will help us reduce the oil slavery in this country :)

Quirks

I am sure it is not an ideal assembly because I did not check the spokes individually and all the torques mentioned on different nuts/bolts. But there is no squeaky noise or anything.
It was drizzling here and lot of puddles and water and I quickly realized the necessity for a mud guard. I am going to order this Zefal No Mud.

Ok, I don't want be verbose, so I will reserve more for some other day :)
Couldn't be more happier to share with you all.

Cheers

2014-easy-motion-neo-jumper.jpg 2014-neo-jumper-assembly.jpg

Back